||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Norwegian (bokmål) Wikipedia. (January 2010)|
The company's production plant is a popular tourist attraction. The company was founded by Johan Jeremiassen in 1885 and has produced designs by Norwegian artists such as Ferdinand Finne, Theodor Kittelsen, Frans Widerberg and Odd Nerdrum.
Since 1996 the factory has been owned by the Atle Brynestad company CG Holding AS. In contrast to its prosperous history, Porsgrund has since experienced a financial decline. After years of uncertain future, adjustments have been made to increase cost efficiency, by considerable restructuring to the production and sales processes.
- Ulveseth, Birte, Varden (January 4, 2010). Fremtid, fortid og nåtid (Norwegian)
- NTB/Dagens Næringsliv (June 13, 2005). Selger Porsgrunds Porselen etter uvilje (Norwegian)
- Tinholt, Dag, Telemarksavisa (January 8, 2010). PP blir handelshus med få ansatte (Norwegian)
- Bjørndal, Bente, Dagens Næringsliv (April 24, 2009). Brynestad i gjeldsforhandlinger (Norwegian)
- Bøe, Alf (1967) Porsgrunds porselænsfabrik : bedrift og produksjon gjennom åtti år, 1885-1965 (Oslo: Porsgrunds Porselænsfabrik)