Port Royal (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Port-Royal)
Port Royal or Port Royale may refer to:
- Port Royal, the former capital city of Jamaica
- Port Royal, Annapolis County, Nova Scotia, a rural community in western Nova Scotia.
- Habitation at Port-Royal (1605-1613), a National Historic Site of Canada and the location of France's first successful settlement in North America.
- Port Royal, Richmond County, Nova Scotia, a rural community in eastern Nova Scotia.
- Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia, a town in western Nova Scotia. It was known as Port-Royal before its capture by the British in 1710.
- Port-Royal (Acadia) (1632-1710)
- Port-Royal-des-Champs, a former French abbey
- Port-Royal Abbey, Paris, an off-shoot of Port-Royal-des-Champs, now a maternity hospital
- Port-Royal (Paris RER), a rapid transit station in Paris, named after the hospital
- United States
- Port Royal Island, an island in the Atlantic Ocean
- Port Royal, Kentucky, an unincorporated community in Henry County
- Port Royal, Pennsylvania, a borough in Juniata County
- Port Royal, South Carolina, a geographic territory in South Carolina occupied by Union troops during the U.S. Civil War
- Port Royal, Virginia, a town
- Port Royal Sound, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean
- Siege of Port Royal (1710), capture of French capital of Acadia (present day Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) by the British.
- Battle of Port Royal, a naval battle of the American Civil War at Port Royal, South Carolina
- USS Port Royal (1862), a sidewheel steamer gunboat commissioned in 1862, active in the Civil War, and decommissioned in 1866
- USS Port Royal (CG-73), a guided missile cruiser commissioned in 1994, the last US cruiser built in the 20th century
- HMS Port Royal, three ships of the Royal Navy
- Port-Royal, a multi-volume study (1837-1859) of the abbey of Port-Royal-des-Champs and Jansenism by Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve
- Port-Royal, a 1954 play by Henry de Montherlant set at the Port-Royal Abbey of Paris during the formulary controversy
- port-royal (band), an Italian post-rock band
- Port Royal (album), an album by metal band Running Wild
- Port-Royal Grammar, a 1660 grammar textbook by clerics from Port-Royal-des-Champs Abbey
- Port Royal Logic, a 1662 logic textbook by clerics from Port-Royal-des-Champs Abbey
- Port Royal (beer), a brand of beer in Honduras.
- Port Royal (tobacco), a brand of tobacco in New Zealand.
- Port Royal Railroad, a defunct railroad that ran from Port Royal, South Carolina, to Yemassee, South Carolina.
- Port Royal Speedway, a dirt racetrack in Port Royal, Pennsylvania.
- Port Royale: Gold, Power and Pirates, a 2003 simulation PC game by Ascaron Entertainment.
- Port Royal Golf Course, a golf club located in Southampton, Bermuda, notable for hosting the PGA Grand Slam of Golf in 2009 and 2010.
- Le Port-Royal Apartments, an apartment building in Montreal, Quebec
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Port Royal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.