Port Credit GO Station
|Address||30 Queen Street East
|Structure type||Station building|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: PCGO|
The Great Western Railway opened the first railway station in Port Credit in 1855 at Stavebank Road, just west of the current GO Transit facility. That station burned to the groundand was replaced by Canadian National closer to the location of the current station, which opened in 1967 when GO Train service began on the Lakeshore West line. The Great Western Railway was purchased in 1882 by the Grand Trunk Railway, which was absorbed into the Canadian National Railway in 1920.
Local bus service
The station is served by MiWay (formerly Mississauga Transit) routes:
- 8 Cawthra
- 14 Lorne Park to Clarkson GO Station
- 14A Lorne Park to Southdown
- 19 Hurontario to Highway 407 Park and Ride
- 19A Hurontario to Britannia Road
- 19B Hurontario to Cantay Road
- 19C Hurontario to Heartland Town Centre
- 23 Lakeshore
- 103 Hurontario Express to Brampton Gateway Terminal
Port Credit GO has been identified by Metrolinx as a transportation mobility hub, where different forms of transportation come together, serving as the origin, destination or transfer point for a significant amount of trips. It also is a concentrated point of employment, housing, and recreation, making them places of significant economic development and activity where office buildings, hospitals, educational institutions, government service and information centres, shopping malls and restaurants can be located.
- "Port Credit Station (Great Western Railway)". Railways in Mississauga. Heritage Mississauga. Retrieved May 2013.
- "Service begins on the Lakeshore Line". GO Transit's Lakeshore Line. Transit Toronto. Retrieved May 2013.
- "Port Credit GO Mobility Hub". Metrolinx. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Port Credit GO Mobility Hub Profile". Metrolinx. September 19, 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Metrolinx Mobility Hubs". Metrolinx. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- GO Transit station page for Port Credit GO Station
- Media related to Port Credit GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Port Credit Mobility Hub, Master Plan Study
- C.N.Rys. Ontario Stations: Port Credit
|This article about a railway station in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|