Port of Pecem
As of 2010, the Port of Pecém entered into a phased expansion under the Brazilian government's Growth Acceleration Program (PAC2). In addition to enhanced port facilities, the expansion features large scale investments by numerous international energy and materials companies, including Petrobras and Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém. The infrastructure developments are expected to result in rapid regional population growth through 2020, with some estimates calling for a tenfold increase during the time period.
- "World Port Source - Port of Pecem". Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Port of Pecem, Brazil". Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Movimentação de carga subiu até 40%" (in Portuguese). Diário do Nordeste. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "Porto do Pecém ultrapassa seis milhões de toneladas movimentadas" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "Property Brazil Blog". Pecém, Caucaia to Experience Population Boom. Retrieved 23 February 2012.