Porta San Paolo Railway Museum
|Rome Porta San Paolo Railway Park Museum|
|Parco museo ferroviario Roma Porta San Paolo|
|Established||September 18th 2004|
|Location||Rome, Piazza di Porta San Paolo|
|Type||Railway and tramline museum|
The museum, inaugurated on 18 September 2004, is in part in the open, where the restored rolling stocks are placed, and in part indoors, where scale models, devices and technical objects are displayed, such giving a full outline of the history of railway public transports in Rome.
The museum is opened from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday. The entrance is free.
The many samples kept into the museum include:
- Locomotive Breda AEG, year 1915, s.n. 01 STEFER from the Rome–Fiuggi railway.
- Locomotive Carminati-Toselli TIBB, year 1922, s.n. 05 STEFER from the Rome–Lido railway.
- Electric locomotive ECD "Officine Meccaniche della Stanga" TIBB, year 1931, s.n. 21 from the Rome–Civitacastellana–Viterbo railway.
- Tram STFER series 400, s.n. 404 "Officine Meccaniche della Stanga" TIBB, year 1941, from the Tramvie dei Castelli Romani.
- Tram STEFER, s.n. 70, from the extra-urban service on the Castelli Romani lines.
- STEFER, flat service wagon obtained by modifying a former extra-urban two-axle trailer.
- Power trolley STEFER used for inspections on the Rome–Fiuggi railway.