Portal:Calvinism/Did you know
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ... that the design of the Third Presbyterian Church in Springfield, Ohio, may have been patterned after the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem?
- ...that John Calvin's works include some 1,300 letters, making him "the great letter-writer of the Reformation age" according to B. B. Warfield?
- ...that for the first four decades of its existence, the altar of the Reformed Dutch Church in Bloomingburg, New York, was on the same end as the main entrance?
- ... that the 1919 demolition of "one of the most costly religious edifices" in New York City, the 1906 Madison Square Presbyterian Church, was called "a distinct architectural loss"?
- ...that the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens, is the oldest continuously serving Presbyterian church in the United States?