Portal:Featured content/Lists/Gwen Stefani discography
Gwen Stefani performing Early Winter in 2007.
Stefani gained fame as the frontwoman of ska punk-rock band No Doubt (see No Doubt discography). The band had its last release in 2004, and Stefani released her debut solo album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. that November. The album, which Stefani marketed as her "dance record", features collaborations with many musicians, songwriters, and producers and took Stefani's work into dance and pop music, modeled after 1980s records. Half its songs were released as singles, and it received six Grammy Award nominations. She released her second album The Sweet Escape in December 2006, and the album has produced five singles. The album contains new wave and electro/dance music similar to its predecessor and explores more modern pop sounds. Stefani has sold 11,3 million albums, in addition to 30 million with No Doubt.
|Year||Album||Chart positions||Sales and certifications|
|2004||Love. Angel. Music. Baby.
|2006||The Sweet Escape
- Vineyard, Jennifer and Rainey, Billy. "Gwen Stefani: Scared Solo". MTV News. Retrieved June 30, 2007.
- Adler, Heather. "From just a girl to music superstar". The Province. Retrieved June 30, 2007.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "The Sweet Escape > Review". Allmusic. Retrieved July 1, 2007.
- McGibbon, Rob. "No natural born popstar". The Daily Telegraph. May 13, 2007. Retrieved July 6, 2007.
- Collis, Clark. "Holla Back". Entertainment Weekly, issue 909. November 22, 2006. Retrieved October 7, 2007.
- Hooper, Joseph. "Escape Artist". ELLE. Retrieved June 30, 2007.
- . "ARIA Album Accreditations 2005". Retrieved March 10, 2008.
- Nixon, Chris. "Stefani peddles sweet escapism". The Orange County Register. April 24, 2007. Retrieved May 4, 2007.
- . "ARIA Album Accreditations 2007". Retrieved March 10, 2008.