Portal:Fungi/Did you know/22
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ... that Lactarius pallidus is typically found half-buried in leaf litter at the base of beech or birch trees?
- ... that the mushroom Cortinarius triumphans has a cap which is slimy in wet weather and sticky in dry?
- ... that detection of fungal infection by the wood-decay fungus Fuscoporia torulosa can be performed in six hours using the polymerase chain reaction?
- ... that applying potassium hydroxide to the blue and yellow Australian mushroom Cortinarius rotundisporus will turn it pinkish-purple?
- ... that the first reported sighting of the bird's nest fungus Cyathus helenae was on mountain scree in the Canadian Rockies?