Highly Classified: Agents Only
The Men in Black are a secret organization devoted to policing and monitoring extraterrestrial activity on Earth. The Men in Black, founded in the U.S. in the mid-1950s, began as a small and poorly funded government organization devoted to making contact with extraterrestrial life known as the Baltians. They were initially seen as a joke, but did make contact on March 2, 1961, outside New York City. It was decided to make Earth an apolitical zone for aliens without a planet, and the organization broke its government ties to become the Men in Black, which became the force to conceal and police the aliens that came to Earth, no longer answerable to the government and therefore not obligated to answer any questions or respond to outside demands. The founding members were the agents present at the landing, plus an amateur astronomer and a teenager who got lost going to see his girlfriend. This last became Kay, regarded as the agency's best agent, and one of the agents became his partner Dee. The MiB has continued since then, with Zed as its senior agent, to protect the normal citizens of Earth from alien threats and police extraterrestrial immigrants, with notable member including Bee, Jay, and Elle. All MiB agents sever every tie with their former lives, but these lives may be restored upon retirement, wherein they are neuralyzed and their memories of MiB erased, although the agency also possess a 'deneuralzer' to restore retired agents' memories if the situation requires it. All agents dress in black business suits with Rayban sunglasses, specifically chosen to avoid creating an impression that would leave any lasting or distinctive impact on anyone who sees them, their fingerprints and other unique identifying features being removed, and have access to a wide array of alien technologies for their missions. Note that not every member is a human - several aliens are part of the staff (or are just hanging around in headquarters). No longer receiving federal funding from the government, the MiB are supported by the patents they hold on various confiscated alien innovations, including liposuction and velcro. Their standard operating day is based on Centaurian time, which lasts 37 hours, 16 of which an agent must spend on duty. Their main base is located at 504 Battery Drive in New York City.
A Neuralyzer, sometimes spelled as Neuralizer, is a device seen in the Men In Black franchise. It is one of the signature tool and considered standard issue employed by the Men In Black. It is a pen-size device that gives a flash erasing the certain memories of the witnesses, like seeing aliens and other top secret things. It first appeared in the first film Men in Black and has appeared much in the film series.
Did you know that...
- Men in Black III will be Nicole Scherzinger's first acting role?
- The "known aliens" visible on the screen include Al Roker, Isaac Mizrahi, Danny DeVito, director Barry Sonnenfeld, Chloe Sonnenfeld (Barry's daughter), Sylvester Stallone, Dionne Warwick, Newt Gingrich, Anthony Robbins, George Lucas, and executive producer Steven Spielberg.
- When Agent K reveals there are about 1500 aliens on Earth and most of them are on Manhattan just trying to make a living, James asks "Cab drivers?". This is a reference to writer Douglas Adams's 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' novels, particularly the final novel "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish", where archivist Ford Prefect's entry in the Guide hints that driving a cab is a good way to make a living for aliens visiting New York.
The Men in Black WikiProject is dedicated to improving and maintaining the Men in Black section of Wikipedia.
Things we can do:
- Make a Men in Black Wikiproject
- Make new pages and improve old ones
- Get some news about the upcoming 3D movie
- "You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good." -Agent J
This quote was nominated for AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes
- "Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford P.O.S." Agent J describing Agent K's car
Purge server cache