From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- November 24
- 1892 – The first train ferry service on the Great Lakes and the first in the world over open waters is inaugurated with Ann Arbor Number 1 of the Ann Arbor Railroad between Elberta, Michigan, and Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
- 1905 – Canadian Northern Railway completes tracklaying to Edmonton, Alberta, with Alberta's Lieutenant Governor ceremonially driving the last spike.
- 1916 – German sleeping and dining car operator Mitropa is founded.
- 1961 – Ferrocarril Chihuahua al Pacífico (now known as Chepe; pictured) opens its line through the Copper Canyon in Mexico.
- "Railroad History Timeline: 1890-1899". Michigan's Internet Railroad History Museum. Retrieved November 24, 2007.
- "Significant dates in Canadian railway history". Colin Churchers Railway Pages. November 24, 2007. Retrieved November 24, 2007.
- "Chihuahua - Pacific Railroad: History, Facts and Tips". Trainweb. Retrieved November 24, 2007.