Porter Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Porter Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Location of Porter Township in Delaware County
|• Total||25.8 sq mi (66.8 km2)|
|• Land||25.8 sq mi (66.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||65.8/sq mi (25.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086054|
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bennington Township, Morrow County - north
- South Bloomfield Township, Morrow County - northeast corner
- Hilliar Township, Knox County - east
- Hartford Township, Licking County - southeast corner
- Trenton Township - south
- Berkshire Township - southwest corner
- Kingston Township - west
- Peru Township, Morrow County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Porter Township.
Name and history
Statewide, the only other Porter Township is located in Scioto County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Porter-Kingston Fire District
- Delaware County EMS