Portland Transportation Center
|Portland Transportation Center|
Sign at the entrance to the Portland Transportation Center
|Address||100 Thompson's Point Road
Portland, ME 04102
|Connections||Greater Portland Metro Bus, Greater Portland Transit District, Concord Coach Lines, Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), private taxis|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Tracks||2 (excluding storage tracks)|
|Parking||Yes: $4.00 per day with train/bus receipt, $6.00 per day without receipt|
|Opened||1996 (bus station)|
|Rebuilt||2001 (train station)|
|Owned by||Concord Coach Lines|
|Passengers (2013)||190,353 11.3%|
Portland Transportation Center is a bus and train station in Portland, Maine, served and run primarily by Concord Coach Lines (18 round-trips a day) and Amtrak Downeaster passenger trains (five round-trips a day). It is also served by Megabus (via Concord Coach Lines), as well as the Greater Portland Metro Bus Route 5. The station is open from 4:30 AM to 12:15 AM and from 2:45 AM to 3:15 AM.
On average, nearly 500 passengers boarded or detrained Amtrak services daily at Portland in fiscal year 2010, making it the most popular Amtrak station in Maine.
Portland Transportation Center is located in Portland's Libbytown neighborhood, about a half mile west of the former Portland Union Station. It is located next to Pan Am Railways' Mountain Branch, formerly the Mountain Division of the Maine Central Railroad.
- "Concord Coach Lines: Agency Information for Portland, Maine". Concord Coach Lines. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Portland, ME (POR)". Great American Stations. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Portland, ME to Boston & Logan Airport". Concord Coach Lines. 12 September 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- Full Schedule | Amtrak Downeaster
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2010, State of Maine" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- Deans, Emma (8 July 2010). "Welcome to Nowhere | Reconnecting an amputated neighborhood". The Bollard. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- Media related to Portland Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Portland, ME
- Portland Amtrak Station & Transportation Center (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Concord Coach Lines Homepage
- METRO - Greater Portland Transit District, Portland Bus Route 5 Schedule
- Portland Transportation Center -- Greater Portland Maine Transportation Page
- Portland, ME (POR) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)
|This Maine train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|