Porto Velho Air Force Base
|Porto Velho Air Force Base
Base Aérea de Porto Velho
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Airport type||Military: Air Force Base|
|Operator||Brazilian Air Force|
|In use||1984 – present|
|Commander||Ten. Cel. Av. Jason Sakai|
|Elevation AMSL||88 m / 290 ft|
Sources: Brazilian Air Force
It shares some facilities with Porto Velho-Governador Jorge Teixeira de Oliveira International Airport.
Porto Velho Air Force Base was commissioned on 17 May 1984.
The following unit is based at Porto Velho Air Force Base:
Subordinated to the command of the 3rd Air Force (III FAe), which is dedicated to Reconnaissance, Attack, and Combat:
- 2nd Squadron of the 3rd Aviation Group (2º/3ºGAv), the Grifo Squadron, using the AT-27 Embraer 312 Tucano and A-29A Embraer 314 Super Tucano for light attack missions.
- 2nd Squadron of the 8th Aviation Group (2°/8°GAv), the Poti Squadron, using the Mi-35M attack helicopter missions.
Additionally, the Base has a Cessna 208 Caravan for administrative missions.
The base is located 7 km from downtown Porto Velho.
- Airport information for SBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBPV at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for SBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PVH at Aviation Safety Network
- Photos of the EMB 312 and EMB 314 used by Grifo Squadron at spotters.com.br
- Photos of the Mi-35M used by Poti Squadron at spotters.com.br