Posen-Robbins School District 143½
Posen-Robbins School District 143½ is a school district based in Posen, Illinois in Greater Chicago, United States. The district, which serves all or portions of Posen, Robbins, Blue Island, Harvey, and Markham, is about 20 minutes of transportation away from the Chicago Loop. The district serves grades Pre-K through 8 and has over 1,500 students and 87 teachers.
In a 10-year period ending in 2013 the district changed from being 58% black to 58% Hispanic. The changes lead to a decrease in academic achievement. In a three year period ending in 2013, one elementary school saw its rank drop by 130 places. As a result, the district began attempts to recruit teachers from Spain. Gregory Wright, the superintendent, received training on how to read announcements in the Spanish language at school assemblies.
- Thomas J. Kellar Middle School (6-8) - Robbins
- Posen Intermediate School (4-5) - Posen
- Bernice Childs Elementary School (Kindergarten - 3) - Robbins
- John Gordon Elementary School - (Kindergarten - 3) - Posen
- Delia M. Turner Elementary School (Pre-K - Kindergarten) - Crestwood
- "Banner.jpg." Posen-Robbins School District 143½. Retrieved on February 24, 2013. "14025 Harrison Avenue, Posen, Illinois 60469"
- "WELCOME TO POSEN-ROBBINS SCHOOL DISTRICT 143.5." Posen-Robbins School District 143½. Retrieved on February 24, 2013.
- Golab, Art and John Seidel. "School report cards: Dramatic shifts seen in ethnic, racial makeup." Chicago Sun-Times. November 1, 2013. Retrieved on February 23, 2014.
- Home. Turner Elementary School. Retrieved on February 24, 2013. "3847 W. 135th Street Robbins, Illinois 60472"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Crestwood village, IL." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on February 24, 2013.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|