Posey Township, Fayette County, Indiana
Location of Posey Township in Fayette County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||31.15 sq mi (80.7 km2)|
|• Land||31.1 sq mi (81 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,050 ft (320 m)|
|• Density||16.3/sq mi (6.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453762|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 31.15 square miles (80.7 km2), of which 31.1 square miles (81 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.16%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Dudley Township, Henry County (north)
- Jackson Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Washington Township, Wayne County (east)
- Harrison Township (southeast)
- Fairview Township (south)
- Washington Township, Rush County (west)
The township contains several cemeteries, the largest of which is adjacent to the Bentonville Christian Church. The remaining cemeteries are predominantly small family plots dating back to the 1800s.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Fayette County, Indiana. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 222.
- Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 261.
|This Fayette County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|