Posh and Becks
|Posh and Becks|
The Beckhams in 2007
17 April 1974 (Posh)|
2 May 1975 (Becks)
|Occupation||Singer, businesswoman, fashion designer & model (Posh)
Posh and Becks is the media-inspired nickname for the English celebrity supercouple Victoria Beckham (née Adams, "Posh Spice" of the Spice Girls) and David Beckham (a footballer and former England team captain). Posh & Becks is also the name of a book by Andrew Morton.
As A phrase
"Posh and Becks" as a phrase was included in the Collins Concise English Dictionary in 2001. The term "Posh and Becks" is commonly used by newspapers and other media, especially in headlines, and has become an expression that is widely used and recognised within popular culture in the United Kingdom.
As a couple
Posh and Becks started dating in 1997, which led to the use of the term by the popular media. Their celebrity wedding took place in 1999 and the home in Hertfordshire, England, that they bought shortly afterwards has been nicknamed by the media as "Beckingham Palace" (a portmanteau of Buckingham Palace and the name Beckham).
Posh and Becks have four children: sons Brooklyn Joseph Beckham (who is reportedly in a relationship with long-time actress, Chloë Grace Moretz), Romeo James Beckham and Cruz David Beckham; and daughter Harper Seven Beckham. Their choice of children's names was the butt of an award-winning joke by Canadian comedian Stewart Francis at the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe.
- Dennehy, Luke (31 December 2007). "Posh and David Beckham dubbed celebrity super-couple". news.com.au. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Morton, Andrew R. Posh & Becks. Simon Spotlight Entertainment. ISBN 1-4169-5386-8.
- "Posh and Becks enter the language". BBC News. 12 June 2001.
- "FREELANG: Cockney-English dictionary and English-Cockney dictionary". Cockney-English dictionary. Archived from the original on 8 November 2007. Retrieved 13 November 2007.
- "Posh and Becks tie the knot". BBC News. 4 July 1999.
- Morton, Andrew, Posh & Becks. Simon & Schuster, 2007. ISBN 978-1-4169-5386-9. Same as item 2.
- Stephen M. Silverman, David, Victoria Beckham Have a Third Son, People, 21 February 2005
- Sarah Michaud & Alexis Chiu, David & Victoria Beckham Expecting a Girl, People, 11 March 2011
- "Stewart Francis's Posh and Becks joke Fringe 'funniest'". BBC News. 20 August 2012.