First held in 2007, Positivus combines a variety of genres, including indie, pop, folk, electronic and more styles in between. The festival is organized by Positivus Music. The festival always takes place during an extended weekend- from Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning of the third week of July.
- 1 Landscape
- 2 Camping
- 3 Positivus festival 2014
- 4 Positivus festival 2013
- 5 Positivus festival 2012
- 6 Positivus festival 2011
- 7 Positivus festival 2010
- 8 Positivus festival 2009
- 9 PositivusAB 2008
- 10 PositivusAB 2007
- 11 External links
Positivus is held in the Latvian coastal town of Salacgrīva; it’s located between the A1 Via Baltica highway and the beach of the Riga Bay. The festival offers access to meadows, forests, the beach, as well as the local town of Salacgrīva.
The festival camping site is located on the other side of the A1 Via Baltica road, directly across from the festival venue and it is sponsored by Merrild coffee, which provides complementary coffee refills for campers during the entire festival. The camping grounds also has catering services. The car parking is located within a short distance from the camping site.
Positivus festival 2014
The event will take place on July 18-20, 2014.
Positivus festival 2013
In 2013 for the first time ever the festival will last for three days, taking place on July 19-21, 2013.
Positivus festival 2012
The event took place on 20 and 21 July 2012.
Positivus festival 2011
The event took place on 15 and 16 July 2011.
Positivus festival 2010
The festival was held on 16 and 17 July 2010.
Positivus festival 2009
The festival was held on 17 and 18 July 2009.
The festival was held from 18 to 19 July 2008. It was attended by approximately 18,000 people.
- AB Stage – where all 4 headliners as well as others performed
- TELE2 Stage – where the majority of the bands performed
- Shark dance tent – was open during the night
- Mamma Daba Kušš Tuss tent – a minor stage featuring musical, literary and theatrical performances
It was the first PositivusAB festival. The festival was held from 27 to 28 July 2007.