|Traded as||Euronext: PNL|
|Founded||26 May 2011
(as standalone company)
|Headquarters||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Key people||Harry Koorstra (CEO),
Piet Klaver (Chairman of the supervisory board)
|Services||Post delivery services|
|Revenue||€4.293 billion (2010)|
|Operating income||€480 million (2010)|
|Profit||€347 million (2010)|
|Total assets||€8.137 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||€2.443 billion (end 2010)|
|Employees||77,155 (end 2010)|
PostNL (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈpɔst ɛnˌɛɫ]) is a mail, parcel and e-commerce corporation with operations in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and the United Kingdom. It is listed at Euronext Amsterdam. Formerly a subsidiary of TNT N.V., it became an independent company upon TNT's demerger in May 2011.
As decided by a general meeting on May 25, 2011, PostNL N.V. is the new name of TNT N.V. after the demerger of TNT Express from the company. PostNL retained a 29.9% stake in TNT Express on completion of the breakup. Peter Bakker, chief executive officer of TNT since 2001, stepped down at the end of May 2011 with Harry Koorstra becoming CEO of PostNL.
"Tomorrow starts today" is the slogan of PostNL.
Operations in the Netherlands
PostNL has been assigned by the Dutch government to carry out the UPD (Universele Postdienst, Dutch for Universal Postal Service). This means that PostNL has to deliver mail throughout the Netherlands, five days a week (Tuesday through Saturday), and have enough mailboxes and post offices available for posting mail. OPTA is charged with monitoring and enforcing the execution by PostNL.
Operations in the rest of Europe
PostNL operates in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. After the demerger, it kept using the name TNT Post, the same name PostNL used before its demerger. In late 2013, the Belgian branch was also rebranded to PostNL. In March 2014, TNT Post Germany was rebranded to Postcon. PostNL plans to finish the rebranding in the other European countries in mid-2014. These companies all are full subsidiaries of PostNL and are unrelated to TNT Express.
- "Annual Report 2010". TNT Mail. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Our Company". 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "TNT Shareholders approve demerger other results Meetings of Shareholders". 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Roumeliotis, Greg (25 May 2011). "Q+A-Split of Dutch mail and express group TNT". Reuters. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Molenaar, Jeroen; Rothwell, Steve (2 December 2010). "TNT Shifts Strategy to Spin Off Express Division". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Our Brand". 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- http://www.postnl.be/be/parcels/blog/now-tnt-post-will-be-known-postnl-parcels TNT Post becomes PostNL in other countries too
|This Dutch corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|