|Traded as||Euronext: PNL|
|Founded||26 May 2011
(as standalone company)
|Headquarters||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Herna Verhagen (CEO),
Piet Klaver (Chairman of the supervisory board)
|Services||Post delivery services|
|Revenue||€4.293 billion (2010)|
|€480 million (2010)|
|Profit||€347 million (2010)|
|Total assets||€8.137 billion (end 2010)|
|Total equity||€2.443 billion (end 2010)|
Number of employees
|77,155 (end 2010)|
PostNL (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈpɔst ɛnˌɛɫ]) is a mail, parcel and e-commerce corporation with operations in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and the United Kingdom. It is listed at Euronext Amsterdam. The company was formerly known as TNT N.V. until TNT Express demerged from it in May 2011, and the remainder of the company was renamed PostNL.
The split of TNT N.V. was approved at a general meeting on 25 May 2011, and TNT Express demerged from the company. PostNL N.V. was confirmed as the new name for the remainder of TNT N.V. PostNL retained a 29.9% stake in TNT Express on completion of the breakup. Peter Bakker, chief executive officer of TNT since 2001, stepped down at the end of May 2011 with Harry Koorstra becoming CEO of PostNL.
PostNL has been assigned by the Dutch government to carry out the UPD (Universele Postdienst, Dutch for Universal Postal Service). This means that PostNL has to deliver mail throughout the Netherlands, five days a week (Tuesday through Saturday), and have enough mailboxes and post offices available for posting mail. ACM is charged with monitoring and enforcing the execution by PostNL.
Rest of Europe
PostNL operates in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. The company continued to use the "TNT Post" name in these countries shortly after the demerger, in agreement with TNT Express that it would rebrand by the end of 2014. In late 2013, its Belgian operations were also rebranded as PostNL. TNT Post Germany was rebranded as Postcon in March 2014, and in May TNT Post Italy was rebranded to Nexive, using the same identity style guide as its parent PostNL. TNT Post UK was rebranded as Whistl in September 2014.
- "Annual Report 2010" (PDF). TNT Mail. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Our Company". 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "TNT Shareholders approve demerger other results Meetings of Shareholders". 2011-05-25. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- Roumeliotis, Greg (25 May 2011). "Q+A-Split of Dutch mail and express group TNT". Reuters. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- Molenaar, Jeroen; Rothwell, Steve (2 December 2010). "TNT Shifts Strategy to Spin Off Express Division". Bloomberg Businessweek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "TNT Post becomes PostNL in other countries too". Postnl.be. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "Aus TNT Post wird Postcon". Postcon.de. 2014-03-21. Retrieved 2014-05-31.
- "TNT Post Italy renamed Nexive". Postal Technology International. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Banks, Tom (16 September 2014). "Postal service TNT Post rebrands as Whistl". Design Week. Retrieved 5 February 2015.