Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Vicky Jenson|
|Produced by||Ivan Reitman
|Written by||Kelly Fremon|
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Editing by||Dana Congdon|
The Montecito Picture Company
Cold Spring Pictures
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Running time||88 minutes|
Post Grad is a 2009 romantic comedy film directed by Vicky Jenson and starring Alexis Bledel, about a recent college graduate who moves back in with her family while she figures out what she wants to do next.
Ryden Malby graduates from college in the middle of the late-2000s recession and is forced to move back in with her parents, because her dream job has been given to her arrogant college nemesis Jessica Bard. Ryden and her best friend Adam, who has had a longtime crush on her, must find a job for Ryden before she loses hope for her future dream as an editor of a big publishing company. But will sudden feelings for her longtime friend interfere with her dreams?
- Alexis Bledel as Ryden Malby
- Zach Gilford as Adam Davies
- Michael Keaton as Walter Malby
- Jane Lynch as Carmella Malby
- Carol Burnett as Maureen Malby
- Bobby Coleman as Hunter Malby
- Rodrigo Santoro as David Santiago
- Catherine Reitman as Jessica Bard
- Craig Robinson as Funeral director
- J. K. Simmons as Roy Davies
- Mary Anne McGarry as Barbara Snaff
- Vanessa Branch as Receptionist
- Fred Armisen as Guacanator pitchman
- Alexandra Holden as Cute funky girl
- Andrew Daly as Lloyd Hastings
- Demetri Martin (uncredited) as TV commercial producer
Post Grad was panned by film critics and filmgoers alike. The film stands with a 7% "rotten" rating by 93 critics at Rotten Tomatoes; the consensus states: "A lightweight, unambitious comedy, Post Grad features fine actors that can do little with its middling, uninspiring script." It scores 35 at Metacritic, based on 25 reviews, which also represents "generally unfavorable reviews".
Roger Ebert, however, awarded it three out of four stars, stating, "If you're cynical or jaded, it might not get past you. But here is the first movie in a long time that had me actually admitting I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel."
During opening weekend the film opened at #11, grossing $2,651,996.
- Post Grad at Box Office Mojo
- "Alexis Bledel Gets Not Only a Lover, but Mr. Mom and Carol Burnett Too!". Cinematical. December 8, 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Parsons, Ryan (November 12, 2007). "Alexis Bledel Has a Ticket to Ride". CanMag. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- "The Post Grad Survival Guide". Film Releases. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Kellet, Christine. "Actress announces retirement on Twitter", The Sydney Morning Herald, June 21, 2010
- Post Grad at Rotten Tomatoes
- Post Grad at Metacritic
- Ebert, Roger. "Post Grad" (review), Chicago Sun-Times, August 19, 2009