GY postcode area
|Guernsey postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Guernsey|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The approximate coverage of the postal districts. The post town is Guernsey for all postcode districts
|Postcode district||Sector||Unit codes||Parish or island|
|GY1||all||Saint Peter Port|
|GY6||8||AA – QZ||Vale|
|RA – ZZ||Saint Andrew|
|GY7||9||Saint Pierre du Bois|
|GY8||0||AA – JZ||Forest|
|KA – ZZ||Torteval|
In March 2009, it was reported that Royal Mail had "agreed in principle" for the creation of a GY10 postcode district that would cover all addresses on the island of Alderney, to reduce confusion with addresses on the island of Sark. The proposal was opposed by the States of Alderney and consequently it was Sark's postcodes that were subsequently changed, from sector GY9 0 to sector GY10 1, on 5 January 2011.
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- http://www.guernseypost.com/postcode_finder – GY1 3HR
- Island FM (3 March 2009). "Alderney postcodes could soon change to GY10". Guernsey Insight (Jersey: Wave Telecom). Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- States of Alderney (27 April 2009 (signed)). "Minute 22/2009 Any other business: 22.1 Change of postcode for Alderney". Minutes of Policy and Finance Committee 23 March 2009. Alderney. Retrieved 20 January 2010.