Postal orders of New Zealand
New Zealand Postal Notes
New Zealand-issued British Postal Orders
It is not yet known when these were first issued. The majority of them were overprinted. They ceased to be issued during 1987 due to the announcement by Mr. (now Sir) Roger Douglas that foreign exchange controls were being abolished.
The 5 Shillings denomination was not commonly overprinted.
Any extant examples are very sought after by collectors.
- Harwood, J. New Zealand Postal Notes 1886—1986: A Priced Catalogue Including Notes on British Postal Orders Issued in New Zealand. 1st edn. Sarasota: Jack Harwood, 2010. 130 pp.
- Elsmore, D. Revenue Review. Stamp News Australasia, 2010, Vol. 57, No. 3, p. 37.
- "New Zealand Postal Notes 1886-1986". Beckenham.net Leisure. Bromley and Beckenham Philatelic Society. May 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-06.
- Powerhouse Museum. "98/2/73 Postal note specimens (79), paper, Great Britain/ Australian Colonies/ New Zealand, ". Powerhouse Museum, Australia. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Harwood, J. in: Postal Order News, 1987, No. 7, P. 12—15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Postal Orders of New Zealand.|