From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Potomac may refer to:
Places in the United States
Washington, D.C. area:
- The Potomac River, which flows through West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC
- The Potomac Highlands of West Virginia, a region of the Potomac River's watershed in West Virginia
- Potomac, Maryland, an unincorporated area in Montgomery County
- Potomac Park, Maryland
- Potomac Airfield, a general aviation airport located in Fort Washington, Maryland
- Potomac, Virginia, an extinct town formerly located in Arlington County
- Potomac, Illinois, a village in Vermilion County
- University of the Potomac, a degree-granting college based in Washington, DC
Science & technology
- 1345 Potomac, an asteroid
- USS Potomac, six ships
- Potomac, A Patapsco Class tug built for Vane Brothers Company.
- Potomac Horse Fever, a disease in horses
- Patawomeck (or Potomac), the tribe of Native Americans for which the river is named
- Potomac (currency), a local currency used in the Washington, D.C. area
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Potomac.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.