- For the two-year college in West Virginia, see Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
|Motto||Your talent, powered|
|Location||Washington,DC, Herndon,VA, USA|
|Nickname||Potomac, PC (two nicknames)|
|Affiliations||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
Potomac College is a for-profit higher education institution in Washington, DC, and Vienna, Virginia. The school offers Certificate programs, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, and Graduate program degrees in accounting, international business, government contract management, business, digital forensics, and information technology.
Potomac College was established in Rockville, Maryland in 1991 by Victor Berlin. New owners moved the College to the District of Columbia after Maryland education officials forced Dr. Berlin to divest from the college. Potomac College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, since 2006.
Potomac's campuses are located in Washington, DC, Vienna, VA and the Online campus is in Phoenix, AZ. Potomac offers classes online via the eCollege - Course Management System, and allows students to pursue their degree remotely or as a combination of classroom and online.
 Program structure
Potomac College’s programs are tailored to a working population who seek the education necessary to reach the next career level. Qualified students can earn degrees in as few as 18 months, allowing them to more easily balance their jobs and families with school. Additionally, many courses are offered online.
 Admissions and financial aid
Potomac College has an open admissions policy. Applicants are eligible for both Pell grants and federal student loans. This college was one of 15 sites that made deceptive or questionable statements to Government Accountability Office investigators posing as applicants.
The College offers courses at its two on ground locations in Washington, DC and Vienna, Virginia as well as online from Phoenix, AZ. Both on ground locations are easily accessible by public transportation, and the Washington, DC location is only a few blocks away from the Tenleytown-AU metro stop.
 International Programs
 Swiss-American International MBA Fast Track
Through a partnership with University of Business and International Studies in Geneva, Switzerland, Potomac College offers a 5-year international MBA Program. The Bachelor Degree is completed in the first 3.5 years and the MBA is completed after 1.5 additional years.
- Overview : Potomac College, U.S. News and World Reports, 2008
- To Berlin, College Is Big Business By Ellen McCarthy, The Washington Post, Monday, December 8, 2003; Page E01
- Statement of Accreditation Status: Potomac College, November 17, 2011, Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- National Center for Education Statistics (2008). "College Navigator - Potomac College". Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- Vise, Daniel de; Paul Kane (2010-08-05). "GAO: 15 for-profit colleges used deceptive recruiting tactics". The Washington Post. ISSN 0740-5421. Retrieved 2010-08-05.
- Plumb, Tierney (2008-05-29). "Potomac College launches new business program".
|This article on a southern United States institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|