Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission
|Headquarters||14700 Potomac Mills Road, Woodbridge, Virginia, U.S.|
|Service type||Bus service|
Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC) is an American public transportation system in Prince William County, Virginia, plus two adjacent independent cities, Manassas and Manassas Park, that together are surrounded by the county. Services provided by PRTC include OmniRide, OmniLink, and OmniMatch.
The Commission was established in 1986. It consists of representatives from each local jurisdiction, the Chairman of the Commonwealth Transportation Board and two members of the House of Delegates and one member of the Senate from the related legislative districts. Together with the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission PRTC operates the Virginia Railway Express. By 1986, it became apparent that the jurisdictions outside of NVTC could not reach agreement on how to support VRE by joining NVTC so PRTC was created. Legislation established a 2% motor fuels tax to support VRE expenses and other transportation investments.
The PRTC bus fleet consists of the following models (roster current as of May 2014):
- 2000 Orion V 40' (171-183)
- 2002-2005 MCI D4500CL (300-360)
- 2005-2006 Gillig Phantom 40' (184-188)
- 2007-2008 MCI D4500CT (361-383)
- 2010 Gillig Advantage 40' (189)
- 2011 MCI D4500CT (384-387)
- 2012 Gillig Advantage 40' (190-199, 1000-1002)
- 2012 MCI D4500CT (388-392)
- 2014 MCI D4500CT (393)
- 2004 Gillig Low Floor 29' (250-265)
- 2005 Gillig Low Floor 29' (266-267)
- 2006 Gillig Low Floor 29' (268-271)
- 2010 Gillig Low Floor 29' (272)
- 2013 Gillig Low Floor 29' (273-288)
(NOTE: These fares are current as of December 15, 2008.)
OmniRide Metro Direct
$3 (using cash); $2.40 (using SmarTrip)
OmniRide (between Northern Virginia and Washington, DC)
$6.50 (using cash); $5.75 (using SmarTrip)
OmniRide Cross County Connector
$1.10 (using cash or SmarTrip); $2.50 (Day Pass)
$1.10 (using cash or SmarTrip); $2.50 (Day Pass); $1 off-route surcharge
- L1 Dale City
- L2 Dumfries
- L3 Manassas
- L4 Manassas Park
- L5 Woodbridge/Lake Ridge
- L6 Route 1
- Cross County Connector
- Linton Hall Metro Direct: This route operates between Gainesville and the West Falls Church Metro Station. Service began in late 2004.
- Manassas Metro Direct: This route operates between the City of Manassas and the West Falls Church Metro Station.
- Prince William Metro Direct: This route operates between Woodbridge and the Franconia-Springfield Metro Station (now with Saturday service).
- R1 Dale City: This route operates between Dale City, Pentagon and Crystal City; between Dale City and Downtown Washington; between Dale City and Washington Navy Yard
- R2 Lake Ridge: This route operates Lake Ridge, Pentagon and Crystal City; between Lake Ridge and Downtown Washington.
- R3 Manassas: This route operates between Manassas, Pentagon and Downtown Washington, with connections to Crystal City.
- R4 Montclair: This route operates between Montclair, Pentagon and Downtown Washington.
- R5 Route 1: This route operates between Triangle, Dumfries, Woodbridge, Pentagon and Downtown Washington.
- R6 Rosslyn/Ballston: This route operates between Dale City, Woodbridge and Pentagon/Rosslyn/Ballston.
- Tysons Express: This route operates between eastern Prince William County and Tysons Corner. Service began November 9, 2009.
- This article incorporates material from Virginia Railway Express.