Poughkeepsie–Newburgh–Middletown metropolitan area
The Poughkeepsie–Newburgh–Middletown Metropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is an area consisting of two counties in New York's Hudson Valley, with the cities of Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, and Middletown, and the Arlington census-designated place as its principal cities. As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 670,301 The area is centered on the urban area of Poughkeepsie-Newburgh.
The Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown MSA is a component of the New York–Newark–Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area, which had an estimated population of 22,232,494 as of July 1, 2009.
- Middletown (Principal city)
- Newburgh (Principal city)
- Port Jervis
- Poughkeepsie (Principal city)
Census-designated places 
2010 Census 
As of the census of 2010, there were 670,301 people, 233,890 households, and 164,352 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 78.50% White, 10.10% African American, 0.40% Native American, 2.90% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 5.20% from other races, and 2.90%% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 14.7% of the population.
2000 Census 
As of the census of 2000, there were 621,517 people, 214,324 households, and 153,660 families residing within the MSA. The racial makeup of the MSA was 83.68% White, 8.64% African American, 0.29% Native American, 1.96% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 3.31% from other races, and 2.07% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 9.30% of the population.
The median income for a household in the MSA was $52,572, and the median income for a family was $61,805. Males had a median income of $43,970 versus $30,764 for females. The per capita income for the MSA was $22,769.
Colleges and universities 
- Dutchess County
- Adelphi University's Hudson Valley Center in the City of Poughkeepsie
- Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson
- Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park
- Dutchess Community College in the Town of Poughkeepsie
- Marist College in the Town of Poughkeepsie
- Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute in the City of Poughkeepsie
- Vassar College in the Town of Poughkeepsie
- Orange County
See also 
- List of principal cities of Metropolitan Statistical Areas as of 2008
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - May 2008 Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates