Center of Povo, University and FBK in foreground
|• Total||15.47 km2 (5.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||398 m (1,306 ft)|
|• Density||360/km2 (930/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Paul and St. Andrew|
|Saint day||Trento: 26 June (Vigilius of Trent)|
Povo is about three kilometers away from the city on the east side of the valley at the foot of mountains Marzola and Celva. Povo is crossed by rio Salè, a tributary of Fersina stream. Povo is divided into 9 fractions: Salè, Sprè, Pantè, Graffiano, Oltrecastello, Celva, Borino, Cimirlo mountain pass and Gabbiolo.
Povo is home to the Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences of University of Trento. Povo is also home for the Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science (DISI) of the University of Trento and to the Bruno Kessler Foundation.
Other scientific institutions in the frazione include:
- CoSBi, (Center for Computational and Systems Biology), a research center, founded in 2003 in collaboration between Microsoft Research and the University of Trento, working in the fields of Computational biology and Systems biology
- CREATE-NET, an international research center
- GraphiTech Foundation - Centre for Advanced Computer Graphics Technologies.
- Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences
- Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science (DISI)
- Bruno Kessler Foundation