Pow wow (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pow wow may refer to:
- Pow-wow, a gathering of Native Americans
- Pow-wow (folk magic), a system of American folk religion and magic
- The Adventures of Pow Wow an animated cartoon
- PowWow, a wireless sensor network (WSN) mote developed by the Cairn team of IRISA/INRIA
- PowWow (chat program), an early instant messaging client
- Pow woW, a French music group
- "Pow Wow", a song by music group Psycho Realm
- Pow wow, a prisoner-of-war underground newspaper circulated in Germany during WWII
- FSU PowWow, the homecoming celebration of Florida State University
- Powwow Water A brand of spring water, produced exclusively for water coolers
- Pow Wow, a hit disco song released in 1979 by Cory Daye
- Powwow River A river that runs through New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts.
See also: POW (disambiguation)
- Mary Smith, Barbara Freer. "Pow Wow, the only truthful newspaper in Germany: To be read silently, quickly and in groups of three". Retrieved 3 April 2014.
Pow Wow was the largest circulating daily underground newspaper in Germany during World War II. Its headquarters were at Stalag Luft I. It grew from a small penciled newssheet read by hundreds into a neatly printed 2,000 word daily, eagerly perused by thousands. At its most successful period, it boasted editions in three languages and a circulation that reached seven prison camps. Pow Wow stood for Prisoners Of War - Waiting On Winning and it claimed to be the only truthful newspaper in Germany.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pow wow.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.