Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
|Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy|
|Created by||Haim Saban|
|Directed by||Jonathan Tzachor
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||45 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Haim Saban
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Saban Entertainment
MMPR Productions Inc.
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company Ltd.
|Original channel||Fox Kids
The CW (Vortexx)
|Original run||February 6, 1999 – December 18, 1999|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers in Space|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue|
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy is the seventh season of the Power Rangers franchise that aired in 1999. Like its predecessor, it is based on the Japanese Super Sentai television series (in this case Seijuu Sentai Gingaman). Also like its predecessor, the original theme of its Sentai source (i.e. the forest) was not used.
Set after the events of Power Rangers in Space, four young adults from Angel Grove (Leo, Mike, Kai, and Kendrix) are leaving for the space colony Terra Venture seeking a new world like Earth. They later meet a mechanic named Damon, and on the Moon, a jungle girl named Maya who leads them to five mystical swords known as the Quasar Sabers on her home planet of Mirinoi. After pulling the sabers out of a stone, one of the youths, Mike Corbett, falls into a crevasse, but not before passing his saber onto his younger brother Leo Corbett.
With the Quasar Sabers, the teens transform into the Galaxy Power Rangers and use them to battle space villains from two different parts of the galaxy. These villains include Scorpius, Trakeena, Deviot and Captain Mutiny. Along the way, they discover several Zords known as Galactabeasts and make an ally in the form of the mysterious Magna Defender, a galactic warrior. Though he later dies, he manages to reveal that his host body is Mike Corbett and passes the Magna Defender powers to him.
When Deviot revives the evil Psycho Rangers, the Rangers of Power Rangers in Space show up to aid the Galaxy Rangers in destroying them. During this saga, Kendrix Morgan, the Pink Ranger, sacrifices herself to protect the Pink Space Ranger and Terra Venture from Psycho Pink. Karone, sister of the Red Space Ranger Andros and former evil princess Astronema, is given the powers of the Pink Galaxy Ranger from Kendrix (who appears as a spirit), and joins the Rangers in the battle to protect Terra Venture.
- Archie Kao as Kai Chen, the Blue Galaxy Ranger
- Reggie Rolle as Damon Henderson, the Green Galaxy Ranger
- Danny Slavin as Leo Corbett, the Red Galaxy Ranger
- Valerie Vernon as Kendrix Morgan, the first Pink Galaxy Ranger
- Melody Perkins as Karone, the second Pink Galaxy Ranger
- Cerina Vincent as Maya, the Yellow Galaxy Ranger
- Russell Lawrence as Mike Corbett, the Magna Defender
- Wendee Lee as the voice of Alpha 6
- Julie Maddalena as the voice of D.E.C.A.
- Tom Whyte as Commander Stanton
- Jack Betts as Councilor Brody
- Betty Hawkins as High Councilor Renier
- Kerrigan Mahan as the voice of the original Magna Defender
- Paul Schrier as Farkus "Bulk" Bulkmeier
- Jack Banning as Professor Phenomenus
- Kim Strauss as the voice of Scorpius
- Amy Miller as Trakeena
- Tom Wyner as the voice of Furio
- Derek Stephen Prince as the voice of Treacheron
- Bob Papenbrook as the voice of Deviot
- David Lodge as the voice of Villamax
- Richard Cansino as the voice of Kegler
- Mike Reynolds as the voice of Captain Mutiny
- Richard Epcar as the voice of Barbarax
- Rajia Baroudi as the voice of Hexuba
- Weiss, Tara (1999-03-23). "MAGNA DEFENDER JOINS POWER RANGERS AS... FRIEND OR FOE?". Hartford Courant - Hartford, Conn. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Power Rangers blast out of this world, The Dallas Morning News - April 25, 1999