Power Rangers Megaforce
|Power Rangers Megaforce|
Top: The logo for Power Rangers Megaforce season 1
Bottom: The logo for season 2, Super Megaforce
|Created by||Haim Saban
|Directed by||Jonathan Tzachor
John Mark Loudermilk
|Opening theme||"Go Go Power Rangers"|
(rearranged by Noam Kaniel)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||42 (List of Megaforce episodes, List of Super Megaforce episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Jonathan Tzachor
Haim Saban (Super Megaforce)
Brian Casentini (Super Megaforce)
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||SCG Power Rangers
Power Rangers Productions Ltd.
Toei Company, Ltd.
|Original run||February 2, 2013– November 22, 2014|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Super Samurai|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Dino Charge|
Power Rangers Megaforce is the twentieth season of the long-running American children's television program Power Rangers. The show is produced by SCG Power Rangers and began airing on Nickelodeon on February 2, 2013. The show will be part of the Power Rangers 20th anniversary. Kidscreen reported that Megaforce will feature "the return of many historic Rangers." Megaforce uses footage, costumes, and props from the Japanese Super Sentai Series Tensou Sentai Goseiger.
The second season, and twenty-first overall, is called Power Rangers Super Megaforce and premiered on February 15, 2014. Super Megaforce uses footage, costumes, and props from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.
The Megaforce Power Rangers appeared at the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, along with the past Red Rangers from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers through Power Rangers Super Samurai. The Rangers' Super Megaforce forms later appeared alongside the Mighty Morphin' Rangers during the 2013 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Season 1: Megaforce
When the evil Warstar aliens attack Earth, the supernatural guardian Gosei, assigned to protect the Earth by Zordon, and his faithful robot assistant Tensou recruit five teenagers with attitude to combat the invading forces. Equipped with powers that grant them mastery over martial arts and other forms of combat, the teenagers transform into the latest champions of good: The Power Rangers Megaforce.
Season 2: Super Megaforce
In the second Super Megaforce season, when an alien armada led by Prince Vekar plans to invade the Earth, Gosei gives the Megaforce Rangers new Morphers and special keys to allow them to become the Super Megaforce Rangers and also imbues them with the power to transform into any past Power Rangers. In course of time, due to their virtues and fighting spirit, they unlock various megazords of the past rangers. An alien named Orion then joins their ranks as the Silver Ranger, and gets all the legendary Sixth Ranger powers of Robo Knight. Later, in a battle with the most powerful machines of evil, the Megazords of the Rangers as well as their Legendary Megazords are destroyed. After that, Andrew and Orion enter the ship of the Evil Master Vrak, fight him and unleash the ship's power, which destroys all the ships of Vrak. Later they both succeed in destroying Vrak and then they return to the ground. The Rangers then find that thousands of X-Borgs, the soldiers of Vrak, have been let loose on them. At this point, all the Legendary Rangers, whose powers the Rangers have been using throughout the series, appear to help them. Together, all the Rangers destroy the X-Borgs, returning the Earth to normal.
- Andrew Gray as Troy Burrows, the Megaforce/Super Megaforce Red Ranger
- John Mark Loudermilk as Noah Carver, the Megaforce/Super Megaforce Blue Ranger
- Christina Masterson as Emma Goodall, the Megaforce/Super Megaforce Pink Ranger
- Ciara Hanna as Gia Moran, the Megaforce/Super Megaforce Yellow Ranger
- Azim Rizk as Jake Holling, the Megaforce Black Ranger/Super Megaforce Green Ranger
- Chris Auer as the voice of Robo Knight
- Cameron Jebo as Orion, the Super Megaforce Silver Ranger
- Geoffrey Dolan as the voices of Gosei, Gosei Morpher, and Robo Morpher
- Estevez Gillespie as the voice of Tensou
- Shailesh Prajapati as Ernie
- Ian Harcourt as Mr. Burley
- Legendary Rangers
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver, the Green Ranger and the White Ranger, and subsequently Zeo Ranger V, Red, the first Red Turbo Ranger and the Black Dino Thunder Ranger.
- Selwyn Ward as Theodore Jay "T.J." Jarvis Johnson, the Blue Space Ranger, and previously the second Red Turbo Ranger.
- Patricia Ja Lee as Cassie Chan, The Pink Space Ranger and previously the second Pink Turbo Ranger.
- Danny Slavin as Leo Corbett, the Red Galaxy Ranger.
- Reggie Rolle as Damon Henderson, The Green Galaxy Ranger.
- Melody Perkins as Karone, the second Pink Galaxy Ranger, and the former Astronema.
- Sean Cw Johnson as Carter Grayson, the Red Lightspeed Ranger.
- Alison MacInnis as Dana Mitchell, The Pink Lightspeed Ranger.
- Jason Faunt as Wesley "Wes" Collins, the Red Time Force Ranger.
- Jason Smith as Casey Rhodes, The Red Tiger Jungle Fury Ranger.
- Alex Heartman as Jayden Shiba, The Red Samurai and Super Samurai Ranger.
- Hector David Jr. as Mike, The Green Samurai and Super Samurai Ranger.
- Brittany Anne Pirtle as Emily, The Yellow Samurai and Super Samurai Ranger.
- Campbell Cooley as the voice of Admiral Malkor
- Mark Mitchinson as the voice of Creepox
- Jason Hood as the voice of Vrak
- Charlie McDermott as the voice of Bigs
- Jay Simon as the voice of Bluefur
- Sophie Henderson as the voice of Metal Alice
- Andrew Laing as the voice of Messenger
- Stephen Butterworth as the voice of Prince Vekar
- Rebecca Parr as the voice of Levira
- Mike Drew as the voice of Emperor Marvo
- John Leigh as the voice of Damaras
- Mark Wright as the voice of Argus
- Dickson, Jeremy (August 30, 2012). "MarVista unveils new Power Rangers Megaforce series". KidScreen. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Whittock, Jesse (August 29, 2012). "MarVista powers up for Mip". C21Media. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Ross, Robyn (January 16, 2013). "Exclusive: Find Out When Power Rangers Megaforce Premieres and Get a First Look at the Cast". TV Guide. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Saban Celebrates Power Rangers, Paul Frank". License Show Daily. June 12, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Saban Creates Power Rangers Avatars". LicenseMag. July 19, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Cynopsis: Kids! 06/12/12". Cynopsis. June 12, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Whittock, Jesse (June 12, 2012). "Power Rangers unveil Megaforce, C5 deal". C21Media. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Saban Brands inks deals with Mattel, Pan Am". Los Angeles Business Journal. June 13, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Comic-Con Takes Over San Diego". LicenseMag. Jul 12, 2012. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- "Kidscreen May/June 2012 (page 54)" (PDF). kidscreen.com.
- "Power Rangers | Saban Brands Saban Brands". Sabanbrands.com. 2013-06-14. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Power Rangers Super Megaforce : Super Megaforce". Zap2It. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Saban Brands' Power Rangers Megaforce to Premiere on Nickelodeon in Early 2013". PR Newswire. June 11, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Official website (Megaforce)
- Official website (Super Megaforce)
- Official website (Nickelodeon)
- Power Rangers Megaforce at the Internet Movie Database