Power Vehicle Innovation
|Michel Bouton (CEO)|
Number of employees
PVI is a former subsidiary of Ponticelli Frères. Its current stockholders are the Marcel Dassault Industrial Group, the financial institution Centuria Capital and a business management holding company (Sovibus). PVI has been the first company in France to market Electric buses, like the Oréos 55E, which is used by the RATP on a touristic bus line in Paris, the Montmartrobus. More than half of the French electric buses in circulation in 2003 have been distributed by PVI.
Wireless Alternative Trolley Technology system from Power Vehicle Innovation (PVI) is a solution for electric buses that does not require catenaries. It was presented at the Transports Public 2014, the International Mobility Exhibition in Paris. The technology can be used to charge an electric bus in a few seconds at each stop and overcome the limited range of electric buses. It uses an automated rapid-charging system combined with supercapacitors and where necessary, relayed by backup batteries.
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport will experiment with the Watt System solution under actual conditions. Connecting the two airport terminals at Nice, the demonstrator will rely on 7 totem poles (or recharge terminals) spread between the different stops along the route.
PVI manufactures and distributes the following electric vehicles:
- Oréos 2X, 22-places urban electric bus, with an average range of 120 kilometres
- Oréos 4X, 49-places urban electric bus, with an average range of 120 kilometres
- 26T electric chassis, heavy electric truck used for household waste collection, streets cleaning, etc.
- "Bus et navettes électriques - Actualités en France et dans le monde". Avem.fr. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "Focus on WATT® System - PVI, leader de la traction électrique pour véhicules industriels". Pvi.fr. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "Nice: a fully electric bus with unlimited range". Investincotedazur.com. 2014-06-24. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "MAXITY ELECTRIC - News - News & Opportunities". Renault Trucks. Retrieved 2015-02-27.