|National origin||United States|
|Number built||360 (2005)|
Design and development
The Pegasus was originally introduced in 2000 and was initially just called the Powrachute as the company's first and only model at that time. As other aircraft were added to the line it was renamed the PC 2000 and later stretched slightly and renamed the Pegasus.
The aircraft was designed to comply with the US FAR 103 Ultralight Vehicles rules as a two-seat trainer and is now a light-sport aircraft. It features a parachute-style high-wing of either 500 sq ft (46 m2) or optionally 550 sq ft (51 m2), two-seats-in-tandem accommodation, tricycle landing gear and a single 64 hp (48 kW) Rotax 582 engine in pusher configuration. The 65 hp (48 kW) Hirth 2706 engine was a factory option at one time.
The aircraft carriage is built from large-diameter, thin-walled, bolted tubing and includes occupant roll-over protection. In flight steering is accomplished via foot pedals that actuate the canopy brakes, creating roll and yaw. On the ground the aircraft has tiller-controlled nosewheel steering. The main landing gear incorporates spring strut suspension. The aircraft is factory supplied in the form of an assembly kit that requires 30 hours to complete.
A total of 360 examples had been flown by February 2005.
- PC 2000
- Two seat model.
- Stretched two seat model.
- Pegasus 912
- Variant fitted with a 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912 S engine
Data from Cliche
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Wing area: 500 sq ft (46 m2)
- Empty weight: 366 lb (166 kg)
- Gross weight: 800 lb (363 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 10 U.S. gallons (38 L; 8.3 imp gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 582 twin cylinder, two-stroke, liquid-cooled aircraft engine, 64 hp (48 kW)
- Propellers: 3-bladed Powerfin composite, ground-adjustable
- Cruise speed: 30 mph (26 kn; 48 km/h)
- Wing loading: 1.6 lb/sq ft (7.8 kg/m2)
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page D-11. Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Downey, Julia: 2005 Trikes 'Chutes and Rotorcraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 22, Number 2, February 2005, page 52. Belvoir Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 84. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X
- Powrachute (2009). "Pegasus". Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2005-06, page 95. Pagefast Ltd, England, 2005. ISSN 1368-485X