Praia do Futuro (film)
|Praia do Futuro|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Karim Aïnouz|
|Written by||Karim Aïnouz
|Music by||Volker Bertelmann|
|Cinematography||Ali Olay Gözkaya|
|Edited by||Isabela Monteiro de Castro|
Coração da Selva
Hank Levine Film
|Distributed by||California Filmes|
Praia do Futuro is a 2014 Brazilian-German drama film directed by Karim Aïnouz, and starring Wagner Moura, Clemens Schick and Jesuita Barbosa. The film had its premiere in the competition section of the 64th Berlin International Film Festival.
In the film, shot in Fortaleza and Berlin, Wagner Moura plays the lifeguard Donato, who works at Praia do Futuro. When a German tourist loses his life in a drowning, Donato feels the loss of the tourist was his fault and begins a journey to escape from his present self. Whenever he drifts away, his younger brother, Ayrton (Jesuita Barbosa), brings him back.
- Wagner Moura as Donato
- Clemens Schick as Konrad
- Jesuita Barbosa as Ayrton
- Sabine Timoteo as Heiko's Wife
- Ingo Naujoks as Mechanic
- Emily Cox as Nanna
- Natascha Paulick as Bartender
- Christoph Zrenner as School Janitor
- Sophie Charlotte Conrad as Dakota
- Yannik Burwiek as Heiko's Son
- "Berlinale 2014: Competition Complete". berlinale. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- ""Praia do Futuro", com Wagner Moura, estreará 2 anos depois de ser filmado". UOL. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|