Prairie Township, Crawford County, Illinois
Location in Crawford County
Crawford County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1867|
|• Total||40.83 sq mi (105.7 km2)|
|• Land||40.68 sq mi (105.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||545 ft (166 m)|
|• Density||14.6/sq mi (5.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62413, 62433, 62442, 62454, 62478|
|GNIS feature ID||0429594|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.83 square miles (105.7 km2), of which 40.68 square miles (105.4 km2) (or 99.63%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Cox, Dix, Eaton, Mount Pleasant and Stanfield.
- Hutsonville Community Unit School District 1
- Robinson Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Prairie Township, Crawford County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Orange Township, Clark County||Melrose Township, Clark County|
|Licking Township||Hutsonville Township|
|Oblong Township||Robinson Township|