Prairie Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||35.99 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.98 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||643 ft (196 m)|
|• Density||7.6/sq mi (2.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61870, 61924|
|GNIS feature ID||0429595|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.99 square miles (93.2 km2), of which 35.98 square miles (93.2 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
The township contains Wesley Chapel Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Rowe Airport
- Edgar County Community Unit District 6
- Georgetown-Ridge Farm Consolidated Unit School District 4
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Prairie Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Elwood Township, Vermilion County||Love Township, Vermilion County|
|Ross Township||Vermillion Township, Vermillion County, Indiana|
|Edgar Township||Brouilletts Creek Township||Helt Township, Vermillion County, Indiana|