Prairie Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||September 12, 1854|
|• Total||33.12 sq mi (85.8 km2)|
|• Land||33.07 sq mi (85.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.15%|
|Elevation||699 ft (213 m)|
|• Density||11.5/sq mi (4.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62321, 62334, 62341, 62379|
|GNIS feature ID||0429596|
Prairie Township is one of twenty-five townships in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 380 and it contained 179 housing units. It was formed from Montebello and Carthage townships on September 12, 1854.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 33.12 square miles (85.8 km2), of which 33.07 square miles (85.7 km2) (or 99.85%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.15%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- McCall at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Elvaston Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Hanks Hangar Airport
- Kirchner Airport
- Martins Airport
- Schilson Field
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District 328
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Prairie Township". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Sonora Township||Rock Creek Township||Pilot Grove Township|
|Montebello Township||Carthage Township|
|Wythe Township||Bear Creek Township||Harmony Township|