||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2013)|
|Prof Dr. Prapancham Sita Ram|
|Origin||Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Years active||1950- 1 June 2014|
Prof Dr. Prapancham Sitaram was a Carnatic flautist from the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. Prof. Sitaram was a disciple of flautist T.R. Mahalingam and was a top artist in the All India Radio. He served as head of many institutions in Andhra Pradesh and directed approximately 32 dissertations in various subjects like 'Sadhana in Carnatic Music', 'Nuances of Composers', and 'Evolution of Indian Music'. Prof. Sitaram has trained students in Carnatic flute, including Balasai and Shreyas Sridhar. He was based in Triplicane, Chennai.
Prof. Sitaram is married and has two children. His son Prasanna lives in San Diego, California. Prof. Sitaram died in Atlanta, USA, on 1 June 2014.
- Sangeetha Kalasikhamani, 2009 By The Indian Fine Arts Society, Chennai.
- "Prapancham Sitaram - kutcheris.com". kutcheris.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "When sweet notes filled the air - The Hindu". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Tradition where sadhana is tapas - The Hindu
- Meeting point of diverse banis - The Hindu
- The Hindu : Friday Review Chennai / Music : Divine Mandari
- The Hindu : Friday Review Hyderabad / Festivals : Feast your ears to the ragas
|This biographical article related to music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|