||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (January 2014)|
Nanda in TeachAIDS interview in 2013
|Born||May 2, 1947|
|Occupation||Actor, Director, screenplay writer, lyricist, playback singer, politician|
Prashanta Nanda (born May 2, 1947 ) is a Oriya Movie star in the state of Odisha, India. He has worked in the Oriya Film Industry as an actor, director, screenplay writer, lyricist and playback singer. He was also the former Minister of State of Odisha.
Life and career
In 1962, his debut movie Nua Bou won National Film Awards. The name of Prasantha Nanda would always come while dealing with Oriya Film Industry and Bengali Cinema. He was present in Oriya films since 1962, but he became super active only after 1976. Nanda served Oriya Film Industry as an actor, director, screenplay writer, and lyricist and even as a playback singer. Such a versatile genius is quite rare in Indian cinema history. Nanda never won any National Awards. 2009, his film Jianta Bhoota won National Film Awards under National Film Award for Best Non-Feature Environment/Conservation/Preservation Film category.
He was the Bharatiya Janata Party's senior leader and Odisha state BJP Vice President and resigned from the primary membership of the party in August 2007. After that he joined Nationalist Congress Party and after this now he is a member of Biju Janata Dal. In Oriya film industry Tarasankar Mishra won National Award as a child artist for Oriya Film Lavynapreeti and Manjula Kunar won national award as a best supporting actress for her acting in Bhanga Silata, till 2012 no other Oriya actor or actress has won national award.
Nanda acted as male lead and directed the Hindi film Naiyya released in the year 1979.
Awards and accreditation
- In 1962 his debut movie Nua Bou was awarded National Film Awards.
- FitFat Bioscope award, 2005 
- Thukul (2011)
- Jianta Bhoota (2009)
- Om Shanti Om (2002)
- Lal Pan Bibi (1994)
- Ghar Sansar (1993)
- Maa (1991)
- Jaa Devi Sarva Bhuteshu (1989)
- Nyaya Chakra (1989)
- Lal Paan Bibi (1988)
- Golamgiri (1987)
- Bagula Baguli (1986)
- Paka Kambal Pot Chhota (1986)
- Dora (1984)
- Grahasthi (1984)
- Jaga Balia (1984)
- Swapna Sagara (1983)
- Hisab Nikas (1982)
- Pooja (1981)
- Maa o Mamata (1980)
- Naiyya (1979)
- Balidan (1978)
- Paheli (1977)
- Shesha Shrabana (1976)
- Naiyya (1979) .... Sonu
- Shesha Shrabana (1976) .... Sania
- Samaya (1975)
- Adina Megha (1970) .... Suresh
- Matira Manisha (1966) .... Chakkadi
- Nua Bou(1960)
- Ghar Sansar (1993)
- http://ws.ori.nic.in/ola/mlaprofile/1stpage.asp?60 (see "Member's Profile Page")
- "Actor Prashanta new BJP vice-president". The Hindu (Chennai, India). March 13, 2007.
- "Ollywood History and list of Oriya films, cinema, movies.". www.insideorissa.co.in. Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- "The Hindu : Other States / Orissa News : FitFat-2008 award for Uttam Mohanty". hindu.com. 2008. Retrieved 21 January 2013. "director and producer Prashant Nanda received the award in 2005"