Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2013)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Pratapgarh (Hindi: प्रतापगढ़, Urdu: پرتاپ گڑھ), also called Bela, Bela Pratapgarh, Partapgarh or Partabgarh, is a city and nagar panchayat of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is the administrative headquarters of Pratapgarh district, part of the Allahabad Division. Pratapgarh is the birthplace of the national poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
History and etymology
The district is named after its headquarters town Bela Pratapgarh, commonly known as Pratapgarh. Raja Pratap Singh, a local raja between 1628–1682, located his headquarters at Rampur near the old town of Aror. There he built a garh (fort) and called it Pratapgarh after himself. Subsequently, the area around the fort became known as Pratapgarh. When the district was constituted in 1858, its headquarters was established at Bela, which came to be known as Bela Pratapgarh, the name Bela presumably being derived from the temple of Bela Bhawani on the bank of river Sai. It is popularly known as "Bela Mai" – meaning mother goddess Bela.
Sai and the Ganges are the main rivers flowing through Pratapgarh distrct. The district lies between the parallels of 25°34′ and 26°11′ north latitude and between the meridians of 81°19′ and 82°27′ east longitude extending for some 110 kilometres (68 mi) from west to east. It is bounded on the north by the district of Sultanpur, on the south by Allahabad, on the east by Jaunpur, on the west by Fatehpur and north-east by Rae Bareli. In the south-west the Ganges forms the boundary of the district for about 50 kilometres (31 mi). Separating it from Fatehpur and Allahabad and in the extreme north-east the Gomti forms the boundary for about 6 kilometres (3.7 mi). According to The Central Statistical Organization, India, the district has an area of 3,730 square kilometres (1,440 sq mi).. The city of pratapgarh is famous for its amla ( a citrus food) production the development is still miles ahead of our understanding much because of the political causes ... power shortcuts and uneducated or if not unemployed youth are common found which can easily reflect the city situation.....
As of 2011 Pratapgarh's population is 2,331,000.
Rail transport is efficient in the city from a long time.
- Old Delhi – Pratapgarh: Padmawat Express Daily from old Delhi station at 7:50 pm Train No. 14207/14208 Vai Ghaziabad-Morababad-Bareilly-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- New Delhi – Varanasi: Kashi Vishwanath Express Daily from New Delhi station at 11:40 am Train No. 14257/14248 Vai Ghaziabad-Morababad-Bareilly-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- Delhi Anand Vihar (T) – Varanasi: Garibrath Express from Anand Vihar Mega Terminal station at 6:15 pm Train No. 22407/22408 Vai Ghaziabad-Morababad-Bareilly-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- New Delhi – Puri: Neelanchal Express Sunday, Tuesday, Fri from New Delhi station at 6:30 am Train No. 12875/12876 Vai Ghaziabad-Aligarh-Etawah-Kanpur-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- New Delhi – New Farakka: NDLS–NFK Express Thursday from New Delhi station at 6:00 pm Train No. 14003/14004 Vai Ghaziabad-Morababad-Bareilly-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- Old Delhi – Howrah: JSM–HWH SF Express Thursday from Old Delhi Station at 3:05 pm Train No. 12371/12372 Vai Ghaziabad-Morababad-Bareilly-Lucknow-Raibareli-Amethi.
- Chandigarh - Kunda(Pratapgarh)- Allahabad Unchahar Express/14218 Mail/Express. (Travel Time: 19h 20m 39 halts Distance: 893 km Avg Speed: 46 km/hr).
The daily passenger trains link Pratapgarh with Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, along with Amethi, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Agra, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Howrah, Allahabad, Varanasi, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jammutawi, Haridwar, Dehradun, Jhansi, Moradabad, Bareli, Patna, Gaya, Jabalpur, Nagpur, Puri, and Delhi. There is also a tri-weekly train to Bhopal, Pratapgarh–Bhopal Express, which is a super-fast train. Another super-fast train, the bi-weekly Udyognagri Express, connects the city with Mumbai, the metro city and capital of Maharashtra. There is also a Delhi–Varanasi garib rath express at midnight.
Members of Parliament
- 1952: Munishwar Dutt Upadhyay, Indian National Congress
- 1957: Munishwar Dutt Upadhyay, Indian National Congress
- 1962: Ajit Pratap Singh, Jan Sangh
- 1967: Dinesh Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1971: Dinesh Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Roop Nath Singh Yadav, Janata Party
- 1980: Ajit Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1984: Dinesh Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1989: Dinesh Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1991: Abhay Pratap Singh, Janata Dal
- 1996: Rajkumari Ratna Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Ram Vilas Vedanti, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1999: Rajkumari Ratna Singh, Indian National Congress
- 2004: Akshay Pratap Singh, Samajwadi Party
- 2009: Rajkumari Ratna Singh, Indian National Congress
- 2014: Pramod Tiwari, (rajya shabha)
|Lord Shani's statue in Shani Dham||View of river Bakulahi from the Shani Dev Temple|
- Baba Belkhar Nath Dham
- Belha Devi Mandir (Belha)
- Shani Dev Temple, Kushfara,Vishvanath Ganj, Pratapgarh
- Baba Ghuisarnath Dham (Sangipur, Lalganj Ajhara)
- Bhayaharan Nath Dham (Katra Gulab Singh, Mandhata)
- Bhakti Dham Temple, Mangarh, Kunda, Pratapgarh
- Yaksha-Udhishthira Samvad Asthal (Raniganj Ajgara), Pratapgarh
- Chandika Dham Chandikan, Pratapgarh
- Shri Ram Janki Hanuman mandir Babhanpur PO- Rendigarapur patti pratapgarh
- Saie Data Kuti Chilbila Pratapgarh
- Paliyan nath temple,Vill-Goi,Pratapgarh
- Baba Balukeshwar Nath Dham Avadhpuri, Devghat Road, Moahanganj, Pratapgarh
- Baba Gopnath Dham Ranki Shangipur Pratapgarh
- Maa Durga Dham Bahuta, Patti Pratapgarh
- Chamunda Devi Mandir (Baghrai), Pratapgarh
- Shiv Mandir (Baghrai) Pratapgarh
- Kamachchha Devi Mandir (Kamasin), Pratapgarh
- Shiv mandir,civil lines,pratapgarh
- Shri Shiv Mandir Hathigawan Kunda Pratapgarh
- Ram Janki Mandir (Mahuli)
- Old Hanuman Mandir Kohandaur
- Ram Janki Mandir Kohandaur
- Harihar Baba Jee Mandir (Dharauli) Kohandaur
- Mangrauran Bhavani Mangraora Pratap Garh
- Kalyani Devi Mandir Kalyani Narharpur Kohandaur
- Haudesvar Nath Mahadev Mandir Kunda
- Surya Mandir (Swaruppur)
- Chandikan Devi
- Shakti devi (Shivpur)
- Barahi Devi in Chauharjan (Lachchhipur)
- Radha Krishna Temple (SangramGanj)
- Baba Budenath Dham (Deom Pashchim, Sangipur)
- Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat (Mangarh, Kunda)
- Chandika Dham Chandikan
- Kamakshi Devi (kamasin)
- Nayer Devi (Heeraganj)
- Jangali Vir Baba (Lalganj)
- Inhan Devi Mandir
- Maa Barahi (Lakshipur) Pratapgarh
- Karenti Ghat Kunda Pratapgarh
- Budhau Baba Dham, Akhodi Teer, Sarai Jamuari,Sarsi Dih, Mangraura, Patti, Pratapgarh
- Kaali Maata Mandir, Sarai Jamuari, Patti, Pratapgarh
- Shree Radha Krishna Prachin Shiv Mandir Devgarh Kamasin Raniganj pratapgarh
- Baba Baleshwar Naath (Mahadevan) at the Bank of Sai River, Mohanganj
- Bansatti devi Mandir, katra bhuwalpur,Po-Katra Mediniganj
- Maa Kaali Devi Mandir, katra chauraha,Po-Katra Mediniganj
- Maa Khuilan Devi Mandir,Newadi,Lokapur,Jethwara-Mandhata Road,Pratapgarh
- Jalahal Devi Mandir Near Hainsi Paraji Bazar PO-Hainsi Paraji Pratapgarh
- Kharesar Baba Mandir Near Hainsi Paraji Bazar PO-Hainsi Paraji Pratapgarh
- Shri Ram janki hanuman mandir Babhanpur PO- Rendigarapur patti pratapgarh
- Kachnar Veer Baba Chaurash Derwa Kunda Pratapgarh
- Hanuman & Shiv mandir(Kushfara Primary School) Pratapgarh
- Maa Durga BhaktiDhaam,Chandipur,Kohandour,Pratapgarh
- Jai Maa Kaali, Dhaam (Takkarganj, Babaganj,Pratapgarh,Uttar Pradesh)
- Adhar veer baba, pure Ban Pratapgarh
- Pakadi veer Baba, pure Wasudev Pratapgarh
- kajee veer Baba, kajeepur Pratapgarh
- maa chamunda dham badali ka purwa mahrajpur pratapgarh
- Kateshwar Nath mandir Katawarh Shamshergang Pratapgarh
- Katchery Masjid Near Court Road Pratapgarh U.p.
- Shia jama Mosque pratapgarh city
- Chand Tara Mosque Gangapur, Kunda,Pratapgarh
- Masjide Aqsha Gangapur, kunda, Partapgarh
- Masjide Aisha Azad Nagar Pratapgarh
- Eid Gah bhuliyapur pratapgarh
- Masjide Ameenia Sadar Bazar Pratapgarh
- Madeena Masjid Khuskhuswapur Pratapgarh
- Masjid Gulshan-E-Madeena, Paltan Bazar, Pratapgarh. U.P.
- Masjid Saaban,Katra Medniganj,pratapgarh.
- Jama Masjid Katra Medniganj Pratapgarh
- Madina Masjid katra Medniganj Pratapgarh
- Government Girls Inter College (G.G.I.C.), Pratapgarh, U.P.
- Novel international school rakhaha Pratapgarh
- Sarla inter college chamrupur Pratapgarh
- Dev Narayan Inter College Kachha Pratapgarh
- ATL school(C.B.S.E Board) katra Road Pratapgarh
- Angels Inter College,Shiv ji puram Katara Road Pratapgarh
- St Johns Academy Viveknagar Pratapgarh
- Sarsswti Sishu Mandir, Ajeet Nagar, Pratapgarh (U.P.)
- B. D Mishra Intermediate College, Tarapur, Pratapgarh
- M. P. S Intermediate College, Jethwara, Pratapgarh
- Mahatma Gandhi Inter Collage, Bahunchara-230137, Pratapgarh
- Krishna Prasad Hindu Intermediate College Pratapgarh
- G. V. Inter Collage Delhupur pratapgarh
- S.B.P. Inter College Bahuta, Patti, Pratapgarh.
- Shivram intermediate college Kushaha Pratapgarh (u.p.)
- Ram Narayan Intermediate College, Patti, Pratapgarh.
- Prabavati memorial public school(CBSE Board) Kushaha Pratapgarh (U.P.)
- R. S. B. Inter College Baghrai, Pratapgarh 230129 (Up)
- Ma Gomati Smarak Degree College Bhav Baghrai Pratapgarh 230201 (UP)
- Gyanodaya Vidyalaya Baghrai Pratapgarh 230129 (UP)
- Mahadev Prashad intermediate college(M.P.I.C),mahadev nagar,Pratapgarh
- Sangipur PG Mahavidyalaya,Sangipur,Pratapgarh
- Government Girl Inter College(G.G.I.C.) Sangipur,Pratapgarh
- Government Inter College,Sangipur.Pratapgarh
- St. Anthony's Inter College,Civil Lines,Pratapgarh
- SP Inter College Kunda Luknow-Allahabad National Highway,Pratapgarh
- Balbhadra Inter College Deeha Shekpur-Hathigawan GT Road, Pratapgarh
- Tulsi Inter College Babuganj Jamethi, Kunda Pratapgarh
- Hathigawa Inter College, Hathigawa Road, Kunda Pratapgarh
- St. Fransis Convent School,Pratapgarh
- Ram Anjor Mishra Inter college,lalganj,pratapgarh
- Lourds Children School,Cristion Colony,Pratapgarh
- Prabhat Academy (I.C.S.E.Board), Pratapgarh
- Govt Polytechnic, Sultanpur Road, Chilbila
- Angels Inter College, Katra Road, Pratapgarh
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir Lalganj Ajhara
- P.G College Patti Pratapgarh.
- Ram Raj Intermediate College Patti Pratapgarh UP
- B.D. Intermediate College Pure Budhidhar Baba Gang Kunda Pratap Garh
- M.D.P.G. College Allahabad Road Pratap Garh
- P.B.P.G. and Inter College Pratapgarh City
- G.I.C. (Government Inter College) Pratap Garh
- Madarsa Islameya Noorululoom Harharpur Balkerangang Vishwanathgang Pratapgarh.
- Madarsa Islameya Darululoom Basupur Mandhata Pratapgarh
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Avadheshpuram, Lala Bazar, Kalakankar
- Kalu Ram Inter College, Shitalaganj, Pratapgarh.
- Rani Rajeshwari Inter College, Dilippur, Pratapgarh
- Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Post Graduate Degree College, Lalganj
- Amar Janta Inter Mediate College, Katra Gulab Singh
- Abul kalam Inter College
- Bharat Singh Inter College Kumhiya Patti Pratapgarh.
- Tilak Inter College,
- Bhadreshwar Inter college Derwa Kunda Pratapgarh.
- P. P S Intermediate College Daudpur Saraimadhai Pratapgarh
¤ B.B.S.Inter College Barna Lalgopalganj Kunda Pratapgarh
- S.J.P.R.N.D.Inter College,Ramapur,Kohandour,Pratapgarh
- Brijendra Mani Inter College(BMIC),Kohandour,Pratapgarh
- Shweta memorial girls inter college, ashthbhujanagar prtapgarh
- L.B.S Sikhsan & prasikshan sansthan entha,kunda, pratapgarh
- Lallan Shambhu Inter Mediate College,Harakhpur, Mandhata, pratapgarh.
- Joyti Higher Secondary School, Kisun Ganj, Sandwa Chandikan, Pratapgarh.
- D.R. Primary School Katra Medniganj Pratapgarh.
- Jansandesh Times
- Dainik Jagran
- Amar Ujala
- Delly News
- Times of India
- The Tribuan
- The Hindu
- official website of state govt.
- Pratapgarh District Website
- Commercial website of Pratapgarh District
- Unofficial Pratapgarh District Website
- Unofficial Belha Devi web site
- Official Ghuisarnath Dham web site
- Official Bhayaharan Nath Dham web site