|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2009)|
|Directed by||T. Krishna|
|Produced by||Cherukuri Ramoji Rao|
|Written by||T. Krishna|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
P. L. Narayana
Narra Venkateswara Rao
|Music by||K. Chakravarthy|
|Release date(s)||January 1, 1986|
Pratighatana (Telugu: ప్రతిఘటన) is a 1986 Telugu film about a woman's (Vijayshanti) fight against corruption and criminalization of politics in India. Vijayshanti acted the leading role while Chandra Mohan acted as her husband. This film was directed by a noted Telugu director T. Krishna who was famous for revolutionary Telugu movies under the banner of Eetaram Films.
Vijayshanti was the wife of a lawyer Chandra Mohan. The city life was always disrupted by a group of street criminals supported by the ruling party. These criminals humuliate Vijayshanti in front of a large crowd by showing her nude on the street when she refuses to take back her complaint against the criminal "khali" for murdering a police officer in public. Her husband remains helpless despite being a lawyer fearing of the consequences that they may face in future if they went to court for justice. Meanwhile the leader of the criminals, the villain, gets elected to the legislative assembly and arranges an open meeting to celebrate his election. Vijayshanti with frustration kills the villain in that open meeting.
- Ee Dhuryodhana
- Hechariko Hecharika
- Vayasu Courtu
- This film was later remade in Hindi as Pratighaat (1987) starred by Sujata Mehta and Nana Patekar.
- This film was dubbed in Tamil as 'Poo Ondru Puyalaanadhu' and became very big hit at the box office.
- Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu) won by Ramoji Rao.
- S. Janaki won the Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for her Ee Duryadhana Dussasana.
- Vijayashanti won Nandi Award for Best Actress and Filmfare Best Actress Award (Telugu) for her performance in this film