Location in Plumas County and the state of California
|• Total||0.603 sq mi (1.561 km2)|
|• Land||0.603 sq mi (1.561 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||4,534 ft (1,382 m)|
|• Density||55/sq mi (21/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||0265028|
Prattville is located at .(40.208022, -121.156603)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2), all of it land.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Prattville had a population of 33. The population density was 54.7 people per square mile (21.1/km²). The racial makeup of Prattville was 33 (100.0%) White, 0 (0.0%) African American, 0 (0.0%) Native American, 0 (0.0%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 0 (0.0%) from other races, and 0 (0.0%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0 persons (0.0%).
The Census reported that 33 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 14 households, out of which 5 (35.7%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 7 (50.0%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 1 (7.1%) had a female householder with no husband present, 1 (7.1%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 1 (7.1%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 0 (0%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 5 households (35.7%) were made up of individuals and 3 (21.4%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.36. There were 9 families (64.3% of all households); the average family size was 3.00.
The population was spread out with 8 people (24.2%) under the age of 18, 0 people (0%) aged 18 to 24, 8 people (24.2%) aged 25 to 44, 5 people (15.2%) aged 45 to 64, and 12 people (36.4%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 58.5 years. For every 100 females there were 135.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 127.3 males.
There were 102 housing units at an average density of 169.2 per square mile (65.3/km²), of which 12 (85.7%) were owner-occupied, and 2 (14.3%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 0%; the rental vacancy rate was 0%. 29 people (87.9% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 4 people (12.1%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 28 people, 17 households, and 7 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 45.4 people per square mile (17.4/km²). There were 97 housing units at an average density of 157.4 per square mile (60.4/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 100.00% White.
There were 17 households out of which 5.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.2% were married couples living together, and 58.8% were non-families. 52.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 35.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.65 and the average family size was 2.43.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 10.7% under the age of 18, 10.7% from 25 to 44, 42.9% from 45 to 64, and 35.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 60 years. For every 100 females there were 115.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $70,313, and the median income for a family was $71,250. Males had a median income of $71,250 versus $36,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $37,786. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
- U.S. Census
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 3, 2013.