Praveen Kumar Gorakavi
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2013)|
|Praveen Kumar Gorakavi|
Praveen Kumar Gorakavi
|Born||May 24, 1989 (age 25)
|Fields||Chemistry, chemical Engineering, optical engineering, mathematics, physics.|
|Institutions||Indian Institute of Chemical Technology|
|Known for||Multidisciplinary research|
Praveen innovations span multiple scientific fields. He has developed a low-cost artificial limb, products for water purification, food storage, and biofuel synthesis. Praveen has recently designed a low-cost mechanical brailler to increase braille literacy in the developing world.
Praveen received the award ‘Outstanding Engineer/Scientist for the year 2009-10’ from FAPCCI and is considered to be the youngest recipient of this award. Earlier to this, Praveen received India’s prestigious award ‘Balshree’ from President of India. He received one of the highest civilian awards of Andhra Pradesh state, Ugadi Gaurav Puraskar, from state government of Andhra Pradesh. Praveen was also awarded the ‘Best technologist – for disabled people empowerment’ by state government of Andhra Pradesh.
Currently, Praveen is working on hybrid solar energy encapsulation technology, involving solar spectrum bifurcation and subsequent concentration, as a part of doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Chemical Technology in Hyderabad, India.
- "Education Plus : A ‘technopreneur' in the making". The Hindu. 2011-06-06. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Young Judge". The Hindu. 2004-05-29. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- Andrew Leibs. "Low-Cost Mechanical Brailler for Blind Students". About.com.
- Posted by Venkat (2011-08-02). "FAPCCI awards by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh". fapccinews.blogspot.in. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Ugadi Gaurav Puraskar 2004". The Hindu. 2004-03-22. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- Youtube Video on Praveen
- Praveen Kumar Gorakavi - Blog
- TANA Global science Fair
- Times of India
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|