|Pravin Togadia, 2008|
|Born||Amreli, Gujarat, India|
|Political party||Vishva Hindu Parishad|
|Profession||Activist Social Work Oncologist (Cancer Surgeon)|
Pravin Togadia got a bachelor's degree (MBBS) in medicine followed by a master's degree (MS) in surgical oncology. He practised as a surgeon for fourteen years, and established a small hospital, Dhanvantri Hospital, in Ahmedabad. He gave up active practice to get involved in full-time activism.
Career & controversies
In 2008, his party had donated Rs. 10 lakh to the families that were effected after 2008 Bihar flood. On August 2013, he has stated that VHP members will campaign towards ending discrimination in India. Praveen Togadia was arrested in August 2013 from Ayodhya along with other VHP leaders by the Uttar Pradesh Police before the planned 'Chaurasi Kosi Parikrama Yatra' that was banned over fears of communal flareup.
- "India – Togadia may be deprived of medical degree". The Milli Gazette. 28 May 2004. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Togadia defies ban, distributes tridents,The Hindu, 14 April 2003
- VHP donates 10 lakh, truckload relief material for Bihar flood – News Oneindia. News.oneindia.in (1 September 2008). Retrieved on 14 May 2014.
- 'Hindu Parivar Mitra' movement to remove untouchablity – The Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (1 August 2013). Retrieved on 14 May 2014.
- "Praveen Togadia, Ashok Singhal among 1,700 arrested VHP inagurates yatra". dna. 25 August 2013.
- "FIR filed against Togadia for his 'hate speech'". ndtv. 22 April 2014.
- "Furore after VHP leader Togadia warns Muslims against buying properties in 'Hindu areas'". hindustantimes. 21 April 2014.