Pray Along with Little Richard
|Pray Along With Little Richard|
|Studio album by Little Richard|
|Recorded||c. September 1959|
|Little Richard chronology|
Pray Along with Little Richard was the first gospel album by the artist after he had renounced rock and roll and left the Specialty Records label.
Released over many different albums between 1959 and 1963, full details of these sessions have proved difficult to track down. In the book The Life and Times of Little Richard  they are listed as being recorded in New York with an estimated date of September 1959. Recorded for mogul George Goldner, the only known personnel member besides Richard was Herman Stevens on organ. The tracks are described by Charles White as pretty miserable [...] 'dirgelike' cuts.
- "Just a Closer Walk with Thee"
- "Milky White Way" (3:22)
- "Does Jesus Care?" (3:19)
- "Jesus Walked This Lonesome Valley" (3:11)
- "Coming Home" (2:49)
- "I've Just Come from the Fountain" (1:49)
- "I'm Trampin'" (2:47)
- "Need Him" (2:33)
- "God Is Real" (3:03)
- "Precious Lord" (3:09)
- White, Charles. (2003). The Life and Times of Little Richard: The Authorised Biography. Omnibus Press.
- White, Charles. (2003). The Life and Times of Little Richard: The Authorised Biography., Page 216. Omnibus Press.