|Preamar (High Tide)|
|Created by||Estevão Ciavatta
|Directed by||Estevão Ciavatta|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Mariza Figueiredo
|Location(s)||Rio de Janeiro|
|Camera setup||Arri Alexa|
|Running time||50 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Pindorama Filmes|
|First shown in||Brazil|
|Original run||May 6, 2012– present|
Preamar is an original series created for the Brazilian branch of the HBO Latin America. The series was produced by HBO's local partner, Pindorama Filmes. It first aired on May 6, 2012, being broadcast on Sundays at 9 O'clock pm (local Brazilian time: UTC -3).
The series follows the story of João Ricardo Velasco, a successful businessman that lost everything in the financial market. The only thing left is his beachfront apartment in Ipanema.
Without revealing his real situation for the family, he starts working in the informal market, a territory that follows its own rules. Soon he becomes an associate of Xeriffe, owner of tents and big shot of Ipanema. João has been married for 25 years with Isabel, with whom he has two children: Fred and Manu.
- O Mergulho (Taking a Dive)
- A Lei Da Praia (Beach's Law)
- Quando a Demanda é Maior Que a Oferta (When Demand is Greater Than Supply)
- Àguas Profundas (Deep Waters)
- Aparência e Carisma (Appearance and Charisma)
- Ano Nuovo (New Year)
- Por Causas Mais Nobres (For Noble Causes)
- Maré de Lua Nova (New Moon Tide)
- A Vida Parece Uma Festa (Life is Like a Party)
- Xilindrê (The Slammer)
- É Carnaval (It's Carnival)
- Águas de Março (March Waters)
- Furquim, Fernanda ‘Preamar’ estreia na HBO Brasil. Veja. May 6, 2012. Retrieved on May 7, 2012.
- Correio Preamar, nova série brasileira, estreia hoje à noite na HBO. Correio. May 6, 2012. Retrieved on May 7, 2012.
- Official page at HBO Brazil (in Portuguese)