Predator Ridge Resort
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2011)|
|Industry||Tourism, Real Estate|
|Headquarters||Vernon, British Columbia, Canada|
|Services||Resort, Golf, Lodging, Fine Dining, Spa|
|Owner(s)||Predator Ridge Limited Partnership|
Predator Ridge Resort is a 1200-acre 36-hole golf resort located in the Okanagan Valley outside of Vernon, British Columbia. Predator Ridge Resort was acquired by Wesbild Holdings Ltd  in 2007. The resort community offers homes, golf courses, lodging, fine dining, hiking trails and other activities.
The original 27-holes course at Predator Ridge, designed by Les Furber, formed three nine-hole courses named after resident birds of prey: The Osprey and The Red Tail (built in 1991) and eventually The Peregrine built in 2000.
To expand into a 36-hole golf course, architect Doug Carrick  built nine brand new holes as well as renovated the existing Peregrine 9.
After holding a "Name the Course Contest"  to name the new course, Predator Ridge announced that it had chosen the name “The Ridge Course” and renamed The Osprey and Red Tail courses as “The Predator Course.”
The Ridge Course
The Ridge Course, a par-72 championship 18-hole course designed by award winning golf course architect Doug Carrick, opened in July 2010. The course is defined by long fairways and granite rock outcroppings. It was voted best new golf course  in Canada in 2010 by Scoregolf.
The Predator Course
This par-71 golf course features elevated greens and links-style bunkering. It starts with three par-four holes and can be a challenge for players of every skill level. The Predator's second half is a links design with grassy dunes rolling to the horizon. The course is known for its classic bunkering framed fescue meadows.
Predator Ridge has 59 cottages (Peregrine Cottages and Falcon Point Villas) built between 2000 and 2001, as well as a 76-suite timber-framed Lodge and Spa. The Lodge building was built in 2003, followed by the Spa building in 2004. Accommodations at Predator Ridge are operated as a hotel, although each cottage and Lodge suite is privately owned.
Built in 2006, the Fitness Centre at Predator Ridge incorporates a 25-metre lap pool, a weight room and an exercise studio.
The clubhouse restaurant and lounge at Predator Ridge, called range  restaurant, went through a $1 million renovation in 2008.
Mike Soergel is the Head of Instruction at the The Golf Academy  at Predator Ridge. He is a CPGA Teaching Professional and Performance Fitting Specialist and comes ups with a variety of lessons, camps (for juniors), clinics and a mini-coaching programs. Custom club fitting is also offered.
The facility has a double-ended driving range, weather protected tee areas for lessons, a separate short game and chipping area, putting greens and practice bunkers.
Predator Ridge has five hiking trails spread over its property. The trails are home to many species of plants and wildlife including painted turtles, owls, red-winged black birds, mule deer, pheasants, hawks, Osprey, foxes and quail.
Predator Ridge also introduced Nordic skiing trails last year.
Predator Ridge has a variety of homes and home sites. There are 10 distinct neighbourhoods within the 1200 acres, which include single-family homes, estate-sized home sites, townhomes and custom-designed villas.
- No.1 New Golf Course in Canada (The Ridge Course) - Scoregolf 
- Best BC Golf Course - Georgia Straight Best of Vancouver Reader’s Choice Awards 
Golf Digest 4.5 Star Rating – Golf Digest’s highest in Canada 
- Golf Facility of the Year – BCPGA
- Score Golf - Top 100 rating of all the courses in Canada
- CHBA National SAM Awards - The Preston Show Home wins the Best Production Home over 2,200 sq ft (200 m2).
- CHBA National SAM Awards - Finalist in the following categories - Best Community Development, Marketing Excellence, Grand SAM (builder of the year), Best Direct Mail and Best Sales Centre
- Globe & Mail - Top Resort / Public Golf Course in BC, Top 3 Resort / Public Course in Western Canada, Best in Canada for Excellence in Service
- Best Service in British Columbia - Scoregolf
- Top 25 Rating in Canada - Scoregolf
- Vancouver Province Readers' Choice
- CHBA Provincial Georgie Awards -
- Gold Award for the Best Sales Office
- Silver Award for Best Resort Development
- Silver Award for Best Sales Team in New Home Construction
Number 16 in Canada - Scoregolf
Top 6 in Canada - Scoregolf
- Host of Export A Skins Game – featuring Mike Weir, Phil Mickelson, Fred Couples and Sergio García
- Acura World of Golf’s Viewer’s Choice Awards
- Golf Facility of the Year Award - BCPGA
- Predator Ridge Accepts Offer From Wesbild Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Carrick Design Golf Course Architects | International Golf Course Designers Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- The Links » Take a ’swing’ at naming our new course Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Predator Ridge unveils name of new golf course | Kelowna.com Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Predator Ridge: Course architect Doug Carrick smacks another one out of the park in B.C Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- New Ridge course at Predator one of B.C.'s best Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Ridge Course a Worthy Winner Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- TELUS World Skins Game Returns To British Columbia’s Predator Ridge in 2008 - Inside Golf Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Range at Predator Ridge | Vernon Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Golf Performance Centre Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Golf Canada
- Best of Vancouver 2010 Readers' Choices - Best B.C. golf resort | Vancouver, Canada | Straight.com Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite
- Predator Ridge Golf Resort, Vernon, British Columbia: Golf Digest Archived 22 January 2011 at WebCite