|Defunct||25 January 2013|
|Service type||Bus & coach services|
|Fleet||80 (January 2013)|
Premiere Travel commenced trading in 2003 with a pair of ex Nottingham City Transport Leyland Nationals working school contracts. The company expanded in to the coach hire, day excursion and holiday business, as well as picking up council tenders to operate stage carriage services.
It then moved into wholly commercial stage carriage services, starting with running its buses in service to and from the Bingham schools to avoid dead mileages on school contracts. These were built up to Bingham, Hucknall, Long Eaton amongst other places, competing in the main with the established operator, Trentbarton.
Local operators Trentbarton and Nottingham City Transport announced that they would be putting in place special measures to ensure Premiere customers could continue to use their tickets and the relevant Trentbarton and Nottingham City Transport services. Loughborough based Kinchbus announced via their Facebook page that it would be reinstating their number 9 service between Loughborough and Nottingham from 26 January and would also accept Premiere's tickets for free on their new service for a limited time.
Following the collapse of Premiere over 200 staff were made redundant but a number of former Premiere employees were taken on by Yourbus who've gained the UniHopper contracts from University of Nottingham along with the majority of Premiere's National Express work both of which Premiere had gained in early 2011.
At the time of its March 2013 cessation, Premiere Travel operated 80 buses and coaches.
- Companies House extract company no 4728964 Premiere Travel Limited
- East Midlands bus firm Premiere Travel needs buyer BBC News 24 January 2013
- Bus firm Premiere stops operating Nottingham Post 25 January 2013
- Staff and passengers left in lurch as Premiere Travel folds Nottingham Post 26 January 2013
- Premiere Travel Trentbarton
- Kinchbus steps in to help Premiere customers Kinchbus 30 January 2013
- Report of the Service Director Transport, Property & Environment Nottingham County Council February 2013