Premonition (John Fogerty album)
|Live album & DVD by John Fogerty|
|Released||June 9, 1998|
|Recorded||December 12 & December 13, 1997|
|Genre||Swamp rock, rock & roll, southern rock, heartland rock, Americana|
|Length||68:33 (CD) / 89:03 (DVD|
Warner Bros. (First Pressing)Geffen (Second Pressing)
|John Fogerty chronology|
Premonition is the first live album released by John Fogerty as a solo artist. He performs many hits by his earlier band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, as well as songs composed during his period as a solo artist. It was recorded with a live audience at Warner Bros. Studios, Stage 15 on December 12 & 13th, 1997. The CD version omits 4 tracks that are available on the DVD. Premonition is available on CD and DVD.
After years of battling with Creedence Clearwater Revival, and feeling disgruntled about his publishing, Fogerty finally started to play the old Creedence songs again, something he stayed away from for many years. In 1987, Fogerty joined George Harrison, Bob Dylan and others onstage at a late night jam session at the Palomino Club. During the performance, Bob asked John to play "Proud Mary". Bob managed to get Fogerty to play the song, something Fogerty commented about on The Tonight Show sometime later.
Fogerty played a Vietnam tribute concert in 1987, and during that show, he played a few of the old Creedence songs for the first time as a solo artist. During the entire Eye of the Zombie tour, Fogerty refused to play any of his older material. In 1988, during the ceremony of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, John was asked to play "Long Tall Sally" but as Little Richard had gone, he proposed to play one of his own tunes, "Born on the Bayou".
CD track listing
All tracks written and composed by John Fogerty, except where noted.
- "Born on the Bayou" – 4:54
- "Green River" – 4:15
- "Susie Q" (Eleanor Broadwater, Dale Hawkins, Stan Lewis) – 5:24
- "I Put a Spell on You" (Screamin' Jay Hawkins) – 5:02
- "Who'll Stop the Rain" – 2:57
- "Premonition" – 3:18
- "Almost Saturday Night" – 2:26
- "Rockin' All Over the World" – 3:32
- "Joy of My Life" – 3:55
- "Down on the Corner" – 2:57
- "Centerfield" – 3:54
- "Swamp River Days" – 4:25
- "Hot Rod Heart" – 3:41
- "The Old Man Down the Road" – 4:23
- "Bad Moon Rising" – 2:18
- "Fortunate Son" – 4:11
- "Proud Mary" – 4:01
- "Travelin' Band" – 2:53
DVD track listing
- "Born on the Bayou"
- "Green River"
- "Susie Q"
- "I Put a Spell on You"
- "Bring it Down to Jelly Roll"
- "Who'll Stop the Rain"
- "A Hundred and Ten in the Shade"
- "Almost Saturday Night"
- "Rockin' All Over the World"
- "Joy of My Life"
- "Down on the Corner"
- "Swamp River Days"
- "Hot Rod Heart"
- "The Old Man Down the Road"
- "Walking in a Hurricane"
- "Bad Moon Rising"
- "Fortunate Son"
- "Proud Mary"
- "Travelin' Band"
- John Fogerty: guitar, vocals
- Kenny Aronoff: drums
- Bob Glaub: bass
- Johnny Lee Schell: guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Canipe: guitar, backing vocals
- Julia Waters, Maxine Waters and Oren Waters: backing vocals on "Premonition", "Almost Saturday Night" and "Down on the Corner"
- George Hawkins Jr.: bass on Fortunate Son
1998 Premonition Tour
- Section source: Dutch
- April 24: New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- April 25: University of New Orleans.
- June 12: Tinley Park, IL, New World Music Theatre
- June 13: Deer Creek Music Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- June 15: Milwaukee WI, Marcus Amphitheatre
- June 16: Minneapolis MN, Northrop Auditorium
- June 18: Pine Knob Music Theater, Detroit
- June 19: Burgettstown PA, Star Lake Amphitheatre
- June 21: Darien Center, NY
- June 22: Poughkeepsie, NY
- June 24: Scraton, PA
- June 25: Wantagh NY, Jones Beach Amph.
- June 27: Holmdel NJ, P.N.C. Bank Arts Center
- June 28: Wallingford CT, Oakdale Theatre
- June 30: Mansfield MA, Great Woods Center
- July 02: New York NY, Radio City Music Hall
- July 03: Star Pavilion, Hershey, PA
- July 05: Saratoga Springs NY, Performing Arts Center
- July 07: Philadelphia PA, Mann Music Center
- July 09: Virginia Beach VA, Virginia Beach Amphitheater
- July 10: Bristow VA, Nissan Pavilion
- July 19: Atlanta GA, Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- July 21: Richmond VA, Classic Amphitheatre
- July 22: Charlotte NC, Blockbuster Pavilion
- July 25: West Palm Beach FL, Coral Sky Amphitheatre
- July 29: Knoxville TN, World's Fair Park
- July 31: Antioch TN, Starwood Amphitheatre
- August 01: Little Rock AR
- August 03: Woodlands TX, C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
- August 04: Dallas TX, Starplex Amphitheatre
- August 06: Morrison CO, Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- August 08: Woodinville WA, Chateau Ste. Michelle
- August 09: Eugene OR, Cuthbert Amphitheater
- August 11: Portland OR, River Queen Showplace
- August 13: Fresno CA
- August 14: Berkeley CA, Greek Theatre
- August 15: San Jose CA
- August 17: Chula Vista CA, Coors Amphitheatre
- August 19: Los Angeles CA, Greek Theatre
- August 20: Los Angeles CA, Greek Theatre
- August 28: Boston
- September 2: Copenhagen DEN Forum
- September 4: Malmo SWE Baitiska Hallen
- September 5: Goteborg SWE Scandinavium
- September 7: Helsinki FIN Hartwall Arena
- September 9: Norrkoping SWE Himmelstalundhallen
- September 11: Stockholm SWE Stockholm Globe Arena
- September 12: Borlange SWE Kupolen
- September 14: Oslo NOR Oslo Spektrum
- November 12: Sydney Entertainment Centre
- November 15: Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- November 18: Melbourne Park
- November 21: Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Album: Premonition, John Fogerty, 1998, Reprise Records/Time Warner, Burbank, CA, cat.9-46908-2