The Margaret Lyttle Memorial School
|Kew, Victoria, Australia|
|Type||Independent, Co-educational, Progressive school, Day school|
|Founder||Margaret J. R. Lyttle|
|Colour(s)||Green and Gold|
Preshil, or The Margaret Lyttle Memorial School, is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational, Progressive, school located in Kew, an eastern suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. There are two campuses at Preshill, Preshil (Junior Campus) and Preshil (Senior Campus).
Founded in the early 1930s by Margaret J. R. Lyttle. Preshil states that it "aims to fit itself to the needs of the child rather than forcing the child to fit into the needs of the school". At Preshil, students work at their level of cognitive and emotional development. Preshil offers classes for students from Pre-School to Year 12 (Victorian Certificate of Education).
- Lauren Burns, Olympic gold medallist, taekwondo, Sydney 2000.
- Clare Bowditch, musician, winner of Best Female Artist award at 2006 ARIAS
- Peter Singer, philosopher.
- Dash and Will, Australian indie pop group
- Burns, L. Fighting Spirit (Penguin Books, 2003). ISBN 0-670-04037-1
- Lyttle, Dermot. Preshil Uniquely Different (Kew: Preshil, 2002).
- White, Naomi Rosh. School Matters: The Preshil Alternative in Education (Port Melbourne: Mandarin, 1995).
- "Preshil vision is still splendid" by Matthew Pinkney, Herald Sun, 29 November 2005.
- Preshil and progressive education in Australia ABC Radio National
|This article related to a Victoria (Australia) school is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|