President Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol
|President Carlos P. Garcia|
Map of Bohol with Pres. Garcia highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||2nd district of Bohol|
|Founded||June 21, 1969|
|• Mayor||Tesalonica A. Boyboy|
|• Total||65.28 km2 (25.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||360/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||5th class|
President Carlos P. Garcia is a fifth class municipality in the province of Bohol, Philippines. It primarily consists of Lapinig Island along with a few surrounding islets. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 23,287 people.
President Carlos P. Garcia is politically subdivided into 23 barangays.
- San Jose (Tawid)
- Santo Rosario
- Villa Milagrosa
- San Vicente
Congressman Teodoro Galagar of the 3rd Congressional District of the province of Bohol, initiated the formation of Lapining Grande into a town. Aguining, Pitogo, and Bonbonon were the barangays bidding for township. On June 21, 1969, RA 5864 was approved creating Pitogo as the 46th town of the province of Bohol with 23 regular barangays. Eight years later on November 4, 1977, it was renamed in honour of President Carlos P. Garcia, who was born in nearby Talibon, by Presidential Decree 2828.
|Population census of Pres. C. P. Garcia|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipality of Pres. Carlos P. Garcia". Province of Bohol. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City, and Municipality - Region VII - Central Visayas: 1990, 2000, and 2010". National Statistics Office.
- National Statistics Office - Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007
- Tirol, Jes Creation of the town of Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol The Bohol Chronicle
- Carlos P. Garcia The Bohol Chronicle
- Pres. Carlos P. Garcia, Bohol
- Municipality of Pres. Carlos P. Garcia
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
|Camotes Sea||Canigao Channel / Maasin, S. Leyte|