President Quirino, Sultan Kudarat
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Nickname(s): Banana Capital of Sultan Kudarat|
|Motto: Uswag President Quirino! Uswag!|
Map of Sultan Kudarat with President Quirino highlighted
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|District||1st district of Sultan Kudarat|
|Established||November 22, 1973|
|• Mayor||Azel V. Mangudadatu|
|• Total||208.40 km2 (80.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
President Quirino (Filipino: Bayan ng President Quirino; Hiligaynon: Banwa sang President Quirino; Ilocano: Munisipalidad ti President Quirino) is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Sultan Kudarat, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 38,753 people.
The town was originally called Sambulawan, from the Maguindanaoan term bayawa, meaning "calm". After President Elpidio Quirino visited the town, the town officials changed the name from Sambuyawan to President Quirino in his honor. Formerly part of the Municipality of Buluan, Maguindanao, as Barangay Bayawa, Pres. Quirino was created into a separate municipality on November 22, 1973.
President Quirino is located at the center of Central Mindanao. It is 101 kilometres (63 mi) from General Santos City, 108 kilometres (67 mi) from Cotabato City, and 174 kilometres (108 mi) from Davao City. It is situated at the crossroads of the Davao-Gen. Santos-Cotabato highways.
In the northern part is the municipality of General Salipada K. Pendatun, Maguindanao, in the eastern part is municipality of Buluan, Maguindanao, in the western part is the city of Tacurong and the southern part is the municipality of Tantangan, South Cotabato
President Quirino is a vast plain municipality having one barangay (Estrella) extending to the lakeside of the famous Buluan Lake. It has four existing types of soil namely; tinambulan peat, Banga sandy loam, Lutayan clay and hydrosol.
- Central Mangilala
- Kalanawe I
- Kalanawe II
- Poblacion (Sambulawan)
- San Jose
- Tual (Liguasan)
- Tuato (San Pedro)
|Population census of President Quirino|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
The people often spoke as Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilocano and Islam, Ilonggo language of Ilonggo as President Elpidio Quirino has honor to spoke. Most of all people came from province of Pangasinan, Ilocos Sur and National Capital Region. Indigenous people such as Blaan, Manobo and T'boli can be founded in Barangay Bagumbayan, Manobo can be found on Barangay Kalanawe I and Barangay Tinaungan, Blaan from Barangay San Jose and Islam or Muslim on Barangay Bayawa as the barangay is near to the Municipality of Buluan.
Small-scale industries include electronics and repair shop, car/motor vehicle body builder/repair shop, vulcanizing and machine shop, shoe and appliance repair shops hollow blocks/culvert making basket/mat weaving, dressmaking/tailoring, balut making, bakery. Other major industries is the rattan making, Banana, Coconut, Palay, Corn and African Palm Oils.
- The President Quirino Airbase - is a landform of President Elpidio Quirino serves as gateway to settlements
- Lake Buluan - located at Barangay Estrella 18 km from Town Proper serves as getting foods like tilapia, bangus and mudfish
- Pamilihang Bayan ng President Quirino - serves as locating a proper tourism and products from Municipality.
- Pres. Quirino Municipal Plaza - serves as the reconnecting people and giving chance to see cultures and moments.
- African Palm Oil Plantation - derives from Barangay Suben to Central Mangilala implore other exports and imported from Manila helps to grow the town and the economy.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish - remembering catholism of people built on 1962 by settlers and now it is a special renovation.
- Sugarcane Plantation - it is a 36 hectares plantation see on Barangay Tuato and look at the National Highway.
- Rural Bank of President Quirino - serves as the main banking and tourism of the town, paying bills are served on this bank.
- President Quirino Municipal Gymn - built 20 years ago serves as venue, place for festivities and big events.
Celebrate every third week of November giving the way to explore more cultures and tribe of their nationality. Band, Street Dancing and Mini carnivals and also a tyangee offers and entering to the Municipality to explore more goods about the place. It is the foundation anniversary of the town remembering the birth of President Elpidio Quirino. Sambuyawan Festival is also part of memories and remembrance of the town's purity and cleanliness on the town's heart.
President Quirino has no one any public and integrated terminals yet, but the town has a mini tricycle terminal serve as to go on Tacurong City or the habal-habal motor on the way to serve in Municipalities of Buluan, and Datu Paglas, Maguindanao. In the new renovation of the terminal were served the people comfortably.
If the President Quirino - Tantangan provincial road will be fully constructed, it will take a 15 minutes roadtrip to municipality of Tantangan reaching the barangay of Suben and Central Mangilala up to the Barangay Mangilala of Tantangan, South Cotabato. It will also serve as the shortcut of the Bus Terminals, Van and Public vehicle soon as completed.
The municipality has 3 communicating tower like a PLDT Tower, Smart Tower and Globe Tower serve as the main communication of the municipality it has a strong signals. It is located at Barangay Poblacion. It is also give a meaning and connection of community to the people of the town. Internet connection and cellular gadgets help to connect on this tower. Soon the town will build an Sun Tower and an small electric substation on Barangay Bayawa and Barangay Tuato serving the people a good and abundance connection.
Schools and learning areas
List of private schools
- Pres. Quirino Wesleyan Learning Center
- Pres. Quirino Treasured Child School
- Sultan Kudarat State University - President Quirino Campus (2015)
- Notre Dame of Katico University
List of public schools
- Pres. Quirino Central Elementary School
- Pres. Quirino National High School
- Lamasan Primary School
- Bagumbayan Elementary School
- Bannawag Elementary School
- Bayawa Elementary School
- Estrella Elementary School
- Kalanawe 1 Elementary School
- Kalanawe 2 Elementary School
- Kalanawe 2 High School
- Katico Central Elementary School
- Malingon Elementary School
- Mangelen Elementary School
- Central Mangilala Elementary School
- Pedtubo Elementary School
- Romualdez Elementary School
- Suben Elementary School
- Tinaungan Elementary School
- Tuato Elementary School
- Saint Augustine High School of Bannawag
- Sulop, Davao del Sur Philippines
- Tagum City, Davao del Norte Philippines
- President Roxas, Cotabato Philippines
- Lake Sebu, South Cotabato Philippines
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Sultan Kudarat". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Gen. S. K. Pendatun, Maguindanao|
|Tantangan, South Cotabato||Lutayan|